Filled with a tangy lemon cream cheese and topped with an unbelievable triple-berry sauce, these stunning crepes are a dream for any spring brunch!
If there was ever a brunch item you needed in your life this weekend, THIS slice of heaven right here is it.
In other news, hiiiii! It’s Friday! And I’m shoving more berries in your face!
You love it though, right? Uhh, who wouldn’t? A berry-hater? I don’t think they exist.
So when spring hands you a ton of berries, you know what you need to do? You need to go on a berry bonanza.
I’m currently right in the middle of one, so I can tell you firsthand that they are GROOVY.
And quite delish. Veeeeery.
Can you tell I have berries on the brain 24/7? I mean, they’re everywhere! And somehow ending up in all the things.
Life is short. Eat all the berries.
Now, let’s talk crepes. My main squeeze at the moment. Tomorrow I’ll probably be crushing on brownies in the form of cookies again, but TODAY is all about the crepes.
I’m all about the crepes, ’bout the crepes….(sorry, stopping now! promise!)
It’s brunch season right? Yeees! Mother’s Day is coming up in a few short weeks too you know. 😉
HINT HINT! Your momma would love these crepes. Just ‘sayin.
This right here is my new favorite sweet breakfast on the planet. I’ve been making some form of these crepes for YEEEARS serving them with either a berry sauce or a cream cheese filling but silly, foolish me never thought to combine ALL of it into a crepe, fold ‘er up and call it done.
Since that killer brainstorm moment my life is pretty much immaculately complete. ♥
These crepes will do that to ‘ya. No lieeeeees.
So. There’s three fantabulous things involved here in order for you to go on a trip to Crepe Heaven.
First off, we’ve got the actual crepes. Seriously such a simple recipe, but it’ll give you the best crepes of your life. They’re perfectly-thin and slightly buttery with a hint of vanilla flavor. Absolute perfection. ♥
Note: Be sure to follow the directions for the crepes exactly. Crepes are kind of a precise process and I would suggest sticking to the recipe exactly as it is.
Next up is the filling. It’s just a simple, slightly-sweetened-but-perfectly-tangy cream cheese filling that’s brightened up with freshly-squeezed lemon juice. It’s heaven on spoon without a doubt. 🙂
Whoops. Did I just say that? Heaven on a CREPE! That’s what I meant.
Lastly, the sauce. My gosh, people. DO NOT skip the berry sauce! It’s sweet! It’s tangy! It’s loaded with not one, not two, but THREE different kinds of berries! And without it these crepes are incomplete….and your life is incomplete…just don’t do it.
Folks will want to just keep going back for more of that wicked-good sauce.
In fact, if you were smart you would just eat all of the leftover sauce by the spoonful. No shaaaaame.
You guys wouldn’t even BELIEVE how fast my family inhales these crepes. They complain that I don’t make them fast enough and that I don’t make enough of them either.
Well, one could hardly keep up with their crepe demands. My brother once ate SIX of these crepes in one sitting. I kid you not.
Your new favorite spring breakfast is staring you straight in the face. I think it’s time we dug in.
Happy, happy FRIDAY, my lovelies! Now grab that frying pan and get crepe’n!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup fresh or frozen sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Prepare the crepes: Place all crepe ingredients in a blender. Blend on high speed a few seconds until completely smooth. Transfer batter to a measuring glass and chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes (batter may be stored in fridge up to 1 day)
- While the crepe batter chills, prepare the berry sauce: Place all sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce to low and let simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the filling: Place cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl. With a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamed. Add lemon juice and continue beating until filling is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Cook the crepes: Heat a lightly-greased non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches pour 1/4 cup batter in pan. Cook 1-2 minutes on first side, then flip and cook an additional 1 minute on opposite side. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Assemble the crepes: Evenly spread cream cheese filling over each of the crepes. Fold crepes into quarters. Serve immediately with warm berry sauce on top. Enjoy!
Definitely crepe heaven here. See what I mean?