Incredibly light and fluffy, studded with juicy strawberries, and covered in a tangy homemade lemon curd, these strawberry coconut lemon curd pancakes are the ULTIMATE pancake breakfast!
Behold, the pancake breakfast of spring/summer 2019. I kid you not, THESE.ARE.IT.
We’ve got the strawberries. We’ve got the coconuuuuuuuut. And we’ve got pools of homemade lemon curd. *cue heavy breathing*
Yes, you will find me eating these approximately all spring/summer. Yes, I will be piling excessive amounts of lemon curd on top, thanks for confirming.
To start off any killer stack ‘o breakfast goodness, we’ve gotta have a killer pancake base. Ayyyyye, here it is! Its just ‘yer basic fluffy pancake batter only we’re also throwing a huge pile of flaked coconut + a mess of juicy diced strawberries into the pancake party.
They are a thing you will be DREAMING about. So freakin’ fluffy and burstin with juicy strawberries and sweet coconut.
I won’t take a full 2398 paragraphs like usual to discuss my fondness for the homemade lemon curd that we’re gonna drizzle over this mighty stack, but just know that it is EASY to make (I go over it in detail in the recipe) and it is a pancake game-changer.
Really, you will want to drizzle literal lake-sized amounts of lemon curd on this stack. Takes a great stack of pancakes to a OOOF (in da best way) stack of pancakes.
That drizzle action below. I CANNOTTTTT. >>>
Strawberry Coconut Lemon Curd Pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced into 1-in pieces
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Flaked coconut and strawberries for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, agave, sour cream, melted butter, vanilla, and milk until smooth. Gradually whisk in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until batter is just combined. Fold in strawberries and coconut.
- Cook pancakes by 1/4-cupfuls on a greased medium-high skillet 1-2 minutes on each side, flipping once. Keep pancakes warm.
- In the bottom pot of a double-boiler, bring a few inches of water to a boil, then reduce heat to low to keep water at a simmer. Whisk egg yolks, sugar, lemon juice, and zest into the top bowl of double boiler and place on top of bottom pot of simmering water.
- Whisk lemon curd continuously so the egg yolks don't curdle, Continue whisking orange curd over simmering water until curd becomes smooth and thickened, about 8-10 minutes. Remove curd from heat and immediately add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time whisking well after each addition. (if you are making lemon curd ahead of time and refrigerate it it will slightly solidify---to get it to drizzling consistency, whisk in a few teaspoons of water)
- Serve pancakes warm with lemon curd drizzled on top and additional coconut and strawberries, Enjoy!