A double-threat of chocolate and juicy strawberries come together in this unbelievably-moist banana bread that the whole family will love.—You can’t help but go back for another slice!
Geez guys, I’m just now realizing that I’ve been going just a little bit cray with the chocolate around here lately….I’m talking consecutive, multiple-days-in-a-row of chocolate recipes. Is this a bad thing? Should I tone it down a little bit?
I’m pretty sure I just heard you scream HECK NO so we’re just gonna move right along here. I’m sooo glad that you guys are smart-cookie people. 😉
In other business…AWESOME NEWS, guys! My oven has returned and now my life can go on. #phewwwww.
More awesome news: I made a loaf of banana bread insanity in my newly-fixed oven. Then celebrated the wonderful occasion by eating said banana bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
That was a good day, friends. A GOOD day spent with friends.
And by friends, I mean slices of double-trouble chocolate, berry-filled banana bread.
I have friends in high places, obviouslyyyyyyy. 😉
For example: STRAWBERRIES. They are my everything right now.
Just to emphasize my point….
Strawberries > Anything else.
Except possibly throwing those said strawberries into my banana bread along with a ridiculous amount of chocolate….
Only great things could come from this, people. Set your expectations as high as they’ll go, and I guarantee this banana bread will exceed that.
So y’all know my obsession with all things banana bread, yes? This is the summer makeover version, because HELLO, today is June 1st and last weekend was the unofficial beginning of SUMMAH’.
Also, it’s starting to warm up rather nicely around here (80’s, babyyyy!) so that just puts me even more in the mood.
Who am I even kidding? I am alwaaaaays in the mood for strawberry-loaded banana bread. And anyone who isn’t seriously needs a reality check.
This banana bread is seriously the softest, moistest, addicting-est quick bread you will ever sink your teeth into. Every luscious bite is loaded with juicy strawberries and gooey chocolate, and dare I even say that the texture mimics a brownie?
Yeah, I said it….
It’s fabulous, guys. FAB-U-LOUS.
And I think it kinda goes unsaid that it’s HUGE-ish plus that all of this is total breakfast fare.
And your Monday is starting to look a whooooole lot brighter now isn’t it? 😉
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Sliced strawberries for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 9-in loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Beat in mashed banana, yogurt, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla until smooth. In a separate large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and strawberries until combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared pans and smooth tops. Garnish top with sliced strawberries if desired. Bake banana bread at 350F 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick tests done. Cool banana bread in pan completely before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
More banana bread because uhhh, I heart it. ♥