These no-bake fruit ‘n’ nut bars are a breeze to whip up and SO much tastier and healthier than the storebought kind!—Feel free to throw in your favorite nuts and dried fruits!
Clearly, I’m on a snack bar kick this week…
More healthy snack bars in the house today. Just gettin’ these snack attack cravings outta my system so bear with me on this one.
Or…you could always just eat with me on this one. 😉
First off on the agenda today: I need to thank each and every one of you amazing people who have sent me messages, comments and generally just given me an outpouring flood of good wishes and support about my starting culinary school this week! Your support means the world to me and I appreciate it so much!
You guys are the best, you know that right? I rest my case.
Now your reward for bein’ so darn amazing? More snacks bars because just YEAH!
We’re pretty much covering ALL our snack bases today, friends. We’ve got no-bake and EASY-PEASY on the list. An abundant amount of dried fruit and nuts. Crispy rice cereal.
Only thing is….no chocolate in these bars today. I KNOW, right? I’m probably disrespecting Friday in a huge-ish way right now, but hear me out! These bars are seriously so amazing with just the fruit and the nuts that they don’t even need the chocolate.
And let it be known right now that you will probably never hear me say such words about anything else in the universe.
These bars are totally a snap to whip up. Seriously. A few pantry essentials, one bowl, one saucepan, one pan, and one hour chill time. BAM.
Oh, and one hungry snack-a-holic to take care of the final step which we shall not speak aloud of. 🙂
I think it goes without saying that those storebought versions of fruit ‘n’ nut bars need not even apply to hang out in my lunchbox anymore….
Crispy rice cereal, dried fruit and nuts are the real stars of these bars. You can use any combo of dried fruit and nuts you prefer, OR use my current fav match-up of dried cranberries and apricots, and sliced almonds and cashews.
All you’re gonna do now is mix, mix, press, chill, slice, and EAT!
And snacktime is served. —>
Rumor has it I ended up eating the entire pan of these. Just a ridiculous rumor though, of course. 😉
Did I mention that you’re probably gonna love these like a whooooole lot?
Have a marvelous weekend, fellow snack-a-holics. ♥
- 1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Line an 8-in square baking pan with tin foil. Lightly grease foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice cereal, almonds, cashews, cranberries, and apricots. Place agave nectar, almond butter, butter, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture is smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture over rice cereal mixture and gently stir to coat. Evenly press mixture in prepared pan. Chill bars 1 hour or until completely firm. Once firm, cut into bars. Store bars in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Have you seen these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars yet?