This ultra-creamy fettuccine alfredo is so comforting it will blow your mind that it comes together in only 20 minutes! Paired with tender broccoli florets and plenty of Parmesan makes for one impressive dinner!
Hiiiiii! Beyond amazing news, guys. I BROUGHT THE CARBS TODAY!
You know what I mean?…the easy-ish, creamy, cheesy, noodle-ish (??) kind with just a TOUCH of green stuff snuck inside to keep that guilt at bay.
Do you see how sneaky I am, guys? Cleverly loading up other-wise guilty stuff with GREEN stuff to make you feel good about yourself and carbs. You’ve gotta love me for that.
Aw, yeaaaa. Clearly, we’re carb-loading it up today in major ninja-style ways. *fist pump*
So I have kind of an embarrassing confession to make: (uhh, seriously when do I not??) Sharing this alfredo with y’all has kinda been on my must-post list since like the beginning of all time on WAHO. I even remember nearly 3 years ago when I was beginning to make plans to start a blog, composing an exhaustive list of recipes that I haaaad to share and this alfredo was at the top of it.
And then…it somehow got pushed to the bottom for THREE YEARS even though I make it on like a weekly basis. **insert O-faced emojii**
It’s true, I am seriously the biggest procrastinator you will ever meet. Today marks the end of the eons-long wait, because we are DOING fettuccine alfredo today!
Expanding-pants size, don’t try to stop me.
We should probably talk about the whole 20-minutes-til-pasta-paradise thing I’ve got going on in the title…it’s TRUE! There’s basically three simple steps to this alfredo: Make pasta. Make alfredo sauce. Saute broccoli with garlic…
Throw it ALL together in your biggest pot and gaze in wonder at the beauuuuuuty.
Guys, it’s literally so CREAMY I might die. There’s so much parmesan-y goodness in every bite. All the tender little broccoli florets with a kick of garlic kinda KILLS me.
A big pile of these creamy alfredo-smothered fettuccine noodles is going to become your happy place. Kinda where your face will want to hang out 24/7. ♥
A fork is a worthy face-shoveling utensil, but your face works just as well. You dig?
This fettuccine alfredo is one of few dishes that I can say with 100% confidence that basically EVERYONE in my family will eat. I throw this chicken in on the side and just like that, I’ve got everyone in the palm of my hand.—Nobody even minds the sneaky broccoli because of all the cheeeeeeese and the creaaaaaaamyness!
And the addicting-ness. It’s real.
As long as super-long Tuesdays exist, there shall be alfredo carbs. And alfredo faceplants. And probably even additional 20 minutes tacked on because you need more, more, MORE!
Please, just GO for it. —>
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup finely-grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package instructions and *1/2 cup cooking water reserved**
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute broccoli and garlic in olive oil, stirring occasionally 7-10 minutes until broccoli is tender. Cover and set aside.
- Make the alfredo sauce: Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Very slowly add cream, whisking constantly until incorporated. Add milk to saucepan. Bring sauce to a low simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally until sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat and whisk in cream cheese, nutmeg, parsley, and parmesan cheese until smooth.
- Place fettuccine in a large serving pot and pour sauce on top along with 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water. Add broccoli mixture and very gently toss noodles until evenly coated with sauce. Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with extra grated parmesan cheese while warm.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag your photo #wholeandheavenlyoven on Instagram. And follow me so we can be friends! ♥