This green goddess pasta features tender orecchiette pasta covered in a creamy coconut herb sauce with lots of spinach and peas. – vegan-friendly and absolutely addictive!
We’re straying away from the salads for a quick sec here and letting pasta have its moment with green goddess.
Featuring the most incredible creamy, herby sauce ever. You may very well forget that you’re eating so much green stuff.
If you’re a fan of green goddess dressing in your salad, you’re going to be absolutely obsessed with this pasta! Don’t expect to crave anything else for awhile.
We’re naturally staying away from the dairy and meat today and honestly, you won’t even be able to tell since there’s so much flavor packed into this pasta.
Beats a salad by a long shot, let me tell you…
This Green Goddess Pasta features…
- A creamy, herby green goddess sauce.
- Tender pasta soaking up every bit of sauce with baby spinach and lots of peas.
- Vegan-friendly and ready in only 40 minutes!
Making the Green Goddess Pasta
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Lemon juice
- Coconut milk
- Baby spinach
What is Green Goddess?
Green goddess traditionally stems from the classic salad dressing which is composed of lots of herbs and tangy lemon flavors with a light, creamy consistency.
We’re taking a lot of inspiration from the salad dressing today and building a creamy sauce using coconut milk as the base and loading it up with lots of fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon.
It blends up easily in either a blender or food processor and you can store it in the fridge up to 6 days to use over pasta!
Tips for Perfect Green Goddess Pasta
- Use fresh ingredients – fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon juice make a huge difference flavor-wise in the sauce!
- Cook pasta to al dente – the pasta will continue to cook a bit in the sauce, so make sure not to overcook it during boiling.
- Reserve pasta cooking water – this will help thin the sauce as needed to make the pasta super creamy.
- Serve pasta warm or cold – the best part about this pasta is that it’s amazing either warm or cold!
Try these ideas for a different twist on this pasta!
- Add different veggies – try roasted or sautéed broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, or mushrooms.
- Make it meaty – for a meaty kick, feel free to add cooked chicken, sausage, or bacon bits.
- Try different herbs – cilantro, tarragon, or chives would be great substitutes for the suggested herbs.
- Use a different shape pasta – try penne, spaghetti, ziti, cavatelli, or your favorite shape!
The rich creaminess from the sauce combined with a punch of fresh herby flavors just balances this pasta absolutely perfectly!
Kinda feels like you’re eating a salad, but seriously so much better.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More green goodness you’ll want to try next!
Creamy Green Goddess Pasta
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup diced avocado (about 1/2 avocado)
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup firmly-packed fresh basil
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz dry orechiette pasta
- 1 cup firmly-packed baby spinach
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Additional minced fresh parsley or basil for garnish
- Combine avocado, parsley, basil, garlic, capers, lemon juice, and coconut milk in a food processor or blender. Blend on high speed until completely smooth, scraping down sides as necessary. Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions to al dente in lightly-salted water. Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
- Immediately add pasta to a Dutch oven or medium pot along with sauce, baby spinach, and peas. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through, thinning with pasta water if necessary to make sauce creamy.
- Season pasta with salt and pepper to taste if needed and serve warm or cold with additional fresh herbs for garnish. Enjoy!