This almond broccoli salad features crisp broccoli and crunchy roasted almonds tossed in a creamy lemon tahini dressing. – it will quickly become a side dish favorite!
A breath of fresh air broccoli salad truly needed! That’s this gloriously green salad in a nutshell.
It’s crispy, it’s crunchy, just a little bit creamy, but somehow still perfectly light and just everything a good summer salad should be.
This isn’t your average cookout broccoli salad, but I’m here to tell you that it is an INCREDIBLE twist on the classic!
It’s also just about the easiest thing you’ll ever make and I’d be willing to bet you have nearly all of the ingredients on hand right now!
Which is great cause, honestly, the sooner you have this salad in your face the better.
This Almond Broccoli Salad features…
- Crisp broccoli florets
- Crunchy roasted almonds and sweet dried cranberries
- A brightly flavored lemon tahini dressing
- 30 minutes to make and only 8 ingredients needed
Making the Almond Broccoli Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Dried cranberries
- Roasted almonds
- Olive oil
How to Prep Broccoli
We recommend buying whole broccoli heads for this recipe and cutting it yourself, rather than using a bag of pre-cut. This will ensure that you have uniform-sized broccoli florets.
To prep broccoli, wash well and use a chef’s knife to cut into 1/2-in sized florets
Tips for Perfect Broccoli Salad
- Use roasted almonds – this adds the perfect crunch to this salad. If you don’t have roasted almonds on hand, roast raw almonds with a sprinkle of salt at 350F 8-10 minutes and allow to cool completely.
- Thin dressing with water – depending on the brand of tahini you use, it can be very thick. Whisk in a few splashes of water if your dressing needs a bit of thinning.
- Dress salad just before serving – this helps keep the broccoli crisp. If you’re taking this salad to a cookout, just dress it onsite.
Make Ahead Instructions
All of the components of this salad can be made ahead of time for easy assembly when you’re ready to serve.
- Chop broccoli into florets and toss with shallot and cranberries – store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Make dressing and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- When ready to serve, toss dressing and almonds into salad until evenly coated.
This recipe has a lot of room for variations using what you have on hand!
- Try a different citrus – lime or orange would be a great replacement for the lemon.
- Use another dried fruit – try raisins or dried blueberries in place of the cranberries.
- Swap out the almonds – toasted pecans or walnuts would be a delicious replacement for the almonds.
- Add bacon – traditional broccoli salads typically include bacon, so feel free to add a handful of crisped bacon bits!
For how simple this salad is the flavors sure do shine! The lemon tahini dressing adds so much bright flavor, yet still keeps things on the light side while the crisp almonds and sweet cranberries add the perfect textures and sweet flavors.
You’ll never go back to the typical mayo-laden salads after one bite of this goodness!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More easy salads to add to your menu!
Almond Broccoli Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (or raisins)
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup whole roasted almonds
- In a large serving bowl, combine broccoli, shallot, and cranberries. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk tahini, lemon juice, honey, and olive oil. Drizzle in water, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth and drizzling consistency, adding a few more drops of water as necessary. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, toss broccoli salad with almonds and lemon tahini dressing until evenly coated. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!