This loaded spring roll salad features a rainbow of fresh veggies and tender rice noodles tossed in a flavorful spicy ginger dressing. – it’s so easy to make ahead of time for lunch or a side dish!
This salad is otherwise known as the “lazy way” to enjoy spring rolls and we are HERE for it!
No fancy wrapping skills or ingredients required either since we’re literally just tossing a salad together and calling it a day.
And you guys, this salad tastes like the BEST parts about a spring roll and is about to 180 your salad game this summer.
Not only is this salad a total color bomb, but it’s also jam-packed with all kinds of incredible textures and flavors. We don’t do boring salads around here!
Only salads you would want to swan dive in.
This Spring Roll Salad features…
- Tender rice noodles.
- A rainbow of fresh veggies including sweet pepper, carrot, cucumber, and cabbage.
- Lots of fresh mint and cilantro.
- A flavorful spicy ginger dressing.
Making the Spring Roll Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Rice noodles
- Sweet pepper
- Shredded cabbage
- Sesame seeds
- Sesame oil
- Canola oil
- Red pepper flakes
- Soy sauce
- Agave nectar
- Rice wine vinegar
Choosing Your Vegetables
We like to keep things simple with this salad and use a combination of sweet pepper, cucumber, carrots, and shredded cabbage, but the sky’s the limit for what kind of vegetables you can use!
Cherry tomatoes, bean sprouts, or avocado would be great savory additions to this salad. You can even add a sweet kick by using fresh mango, pineapple, or orange!
Tips for Perfect Salad
- Rinse noodles with cold water – follow the package instructions for cooking noodles, then immediately rinse noodles in lots of cold water. This helps cool the noodles fast and keeps them from sticking together.
- Julienne vegetables in uniform size – ideally, you want all the vegetables in uniform matchsticks.
- Blend dressing – for ultimate ease, just blend all the dressing ingredients together in a food processor or blender.
- Dress salad just before serving – this will help keep the vegetables crisp.
Make Ahead Instructions
This recipe is a dream to make ahead of time for a cookout side dish or easy lunch salad.
- Cut vegetables and toss with cooked noodles. Store in refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Make dressing and store in refrigerator up to 7 days.
- When ready to serve, dress salad and top with peanuts, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
Mild Version of Salad
If you’re sensitive to spice, simply leave the red pepper flakes out of the dressing or add a few pinches to taste – this salad is easy to adjust to fit your spice preference!
This salad somehow tastes even better than it looks. The vegetables are perfectly crisp, the noodles are tender, and tossed in the spicy ginger dressing and fresh herbs just adds the most incredible flavor pop.
You won’t be able to stop making this salad all summer, you’ve been warned.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this salad made step-by-step on Google web stories.
More summer salads to try next!
Spring Roll Salad with Spicy Ginger Dressing
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Spicy Ginger Dressing
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spring Roll Salad
- 8 oz rice noodles
- 1-1/2 cups shredded green or purple cabbage
- 1 small cucumber, julienned
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 1 medium sweet pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed minced cilantro
- 1/4 cup firmly-packed minced mint
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Additional cilantro and sesame seeds for topping
Spicy Ginger Dressing
- In a food processor or blender, combine ginger, garlic, soy sauce, agave, vinegar, sesame oil, canola oil, and red pepper flakes to taste. Blend dressing until smooth.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate until ready to use.
Spring Roll Salad
- Cook rice noodles according to package instructions. Rinse noodles well with cold water until noodles are completely cooled. Drain noodles and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add cabbage, cucumber, carrot, sweet pepper, bean sprouts, cilantro, and mint to rice noodles and toss to combine.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss well to evenly coat. Season salad with salt and pepper to taste if needed and garnish with peanuts, cilantro and sesame seeds. Enjoy!