Charred sweet corn, silky avocado, and crisp cucumbers are tossed in a flavorful feta mint dressing for the most incredible summer twist on cucumber salad!
Welcome to the 4th of July weekend recovery day of 2020. Otherwise known as this lovely sweltering hot Monday in the thick of July. 😅😅
Just in case you’re sick of ice cream and hamburgers…..sweet corn avocado cucumber salad is making a personal appearance to aid your post-holiday recovery.
And I don’t know about you but…..pass on over the dang salad, please.
I knooow, I do this every summer with the salads. I go a little wild and throw all the summer salads in your face, but THIS CUCUMBER SALAD THO. ^^
We’re loading this salad up with literally all the best parts of summer. Cool, crispy cucumbers. Crunchy sweet corn. Silky avocado cubes….then sealing the deal with a killer feta mint vinaigrette.
Literally all of summer’s finest in one bowl, y’all. It’s a thing of beauty. ♥
Let’s talk prep for this avocado cucumber salad!
First up is the cucumbers. We’re doing a salt soak on both on thinly sliced cucumbers and red onions which basically just means we’re letting tossing a bunch of salt in with the vegetables and letting them soak in a colander for about an hour.
Why a salt soak? It removes excess water from the cucumbers and adds additional flavor. Once they’ve soaked for an hour, rinse them in plenty of cold water and pat as dry as you can with paper towels.
Let’s build the rest of this salad! We’re gonna char up some corn on the grill, (alternatively you can broil it a few minutes, turning occasionally) dice up a few avocados, and throw everything together in a bowl.
Feta mint dressing time. Just basic vinaigrette business here but the feta + fresh chopped mint additions does WONDERS for flavor! You can store the vinaigrette and salad both separately for a few days and then toss ’em all together when you’re ready to serve.
And hooooly flavor town, you guys. Again, I say this every year but this is the salad of summer. IT’S SO GOOD!
The sweet smokiness of the corn is literally magical with the crispy cucumbers, soft avocado, sour feta, and refreshing mint. << such simple flavor combos but insanely incredible.
Plus it’s gorgeous. You’re really winning this whole post-4th of July salad game. 💪💪
More summer salads? Right this way!
Charred Sweet Corn Avocado Cucumber Salad with Feta Mint Dressing
- 2 medium cucumbers (1-1/2 lbs), thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 ears sweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium avocados, pit and skin removed and cut into 1-in cubes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large colander, toss cucumbers, onion, and salt together. Let sit and drain 20 minutes. Rinse well with cold water then press dry with paper towels.
- Rub corn with olive oil. Cook corn over a grill OR under a broiler, turning occasionally until slightly charred. Cool corn then cut kernels off cobs.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cucumber-onion mixture, sweet corn, and avocado. Chill until ready to serve.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, mustard, and honey. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Stir in feta, mint, and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve salad immediately and enjoy!