This strawberry avocado salad is loaded with juicy strawberries, silky avocado, and tossed in a sweet dijon maple dressing. – a quick and beautiful salad to throw together last minute!
Summer salad days are almost here again! And we are armed and ready with the most simple, but also the most GAME CHANGER salad you’ll ever dig into!
Seriously, there’s only five ingredients in this salad, plus the vinaigrette but it tastes like a million bucks.
Rest assured, this is the salad you want to be bringing to all those summer cookouts. The term crowd pleaser doesn’t even do it justice.
The flavors and textures in this salad are honestly for the record books. It’s a little bit sweet from the strawberries and maple vinaigrette, just the right amount of tang from the feta, and the silky avocado + crunchy almonds just bring it all together.
Is it swan dive worthy? You already know.
This Strawberry Avocado Salad features…
- A bed of spring greens
- Fresh strawberries, avocado chunks, tangy feta cheese, and toasted almonds
- A sweet + zingy maple dijon dressing
Making the Strawberry Avocado Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Spring green mix
- Feta cheese
- Sliced almonds
- Maple syrup
- Dijon mustard
- White wine vinegar
- Olive oil
What to Serve with Salad
This salad makes for an amazing side dish next to any grilled meat or pasta dish. We also love bringing this one along to cookouts – it’s always a hit.
You can choose to serve this salad as a side dish, but it also more than holds its own as a lunch or dinner salad!
Tips for Perfect Strawberry Salad
- Toast almonds – give the almonds a quick toast in a skillet on the stovetop. This adds so much rich, nutty flavor to the salad – whatever you do, don’t skip this step!
- Assemble salad just before serving – this keeps the greens from getting soggy and the nuts crisp – keep reading for meal prep guidance.
- Make homemade vinaigrette – you can certainly use a bottled vinaigrette here if you’re looking to cut down on time, but if you have an extra minute homemade is SO worth the effort!
There are so many ways to switch up this salad! Try these ideas…
- Add meat – cooked chicken would be a great addition if you’re wanting to add extra protein.
- Change up the cheese – if you’re not a fan of feta feel free to use your favorite! Goat cheese or fresh mozzarella pearls would be particularly tasty.
- Try a different fruit – fresh blackberries, blueberries, or raspberries would all be great replacements for the strawberries.
- Use a different vinaigrette – we recommend going with a vinaigrette such as balsamic, raspberry, or Italian.
Meal Prep Instructions
This salad is best if served immediately after assembling, but you can still prep all the components ahead of time!
- Assemble greens, strawberries, and feta. Store in fridge up to 1 day.
- Make the vinaigrette and store in fridge up to 1 week.
- Toast almonds, allow to cool, and store in a sealed bag on the counter up to 1 day.
- When ready to serve, dice avocado and toss into salad with almonds. Drizzle dressing over top and toss to coat.
You’ve just found your new go-to salad! We’ve made this salad so many times in the past few weeks and honestly, I don’t see us getting sick of it anytime soon.
Salad days are definitely not gonna suck this summer.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More jam-packed salads you might want to try next!
Strawberry Avocado Salad with Dijon Maple Dressing
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Strawberry Avocado Salad
- 6 cups spring greens mix
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Dijon Maple Dressing
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Strawberry Avocado Salad
- In a large serving bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside for a moment.
Dijon Maple Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk maple syrup, vinegar, and mustard together until smooth. Slowly drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth and combined. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve salad immediately and enjoy!