These green curry chicken meatballs feature tender chicken meatballs simmered in the most amazing gingery green curry sauce. Serve over a pile of hot rice with lots of fresh cilantro and lime!
Let’s talk about the meatballs that are going to earn themselves a permanent spot on your dinner rotation.
They come with a ridiculous amount of gingery green curry sauce, lots of cilantro action, and an inevitable mountain of rice so obviously you’re going to be obsessed.
Seriously, going to live in this pan now.
We’re going to be using a very basic chicken meatballs recipe today, but the real shining star is the sauce. You can’t have enough of it draped over these meatballs.
These Green Curry Chicken Meatballs feature…
- Juicy, tender chicken meatballs.
- A super flavorful, creamy ginger green curry sauce.
- Lots of fresh basil, cilantro, and lime for serving.
- Ready in less than an hour and comes together in one pan!
Making the Green Curry Meatballs
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Ground chicken
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Green curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Soy sauce
- Agave nectar or honey
- Rice for serving
We love chicken best for these meatballs, but this recipe will also work with a variety of meats!
Ground pork, turkey, or beef will all work perfect in place of the ground chicken. Be aware you may need to adjust cook time slightly using a different meat.
Tips for Perfect Meatballs
- Use fresh garlic and ginger – we’re going to be using plenty of it both in the meatballs and the sauce – fresh really makes a huge difference flavor-wise!
- Lightly fold meatball mixture – use a light hand when mixing the meatball ingredients – overmixing may lead to a tough texture.
- Pan sear meatballs – we love our Always Pan for this step, but a stainless steel or cast iron skillet will also work great.
- Build sauce in same pan – transfer the seared meatballs to a plate and then build the sauce in the same pan to use all the flavors you built searing the meatballs.
- Finish cooking meatballs in sauce – this makes the meatballs super tender and lets them soak up all that flavorful sauce.
Try these ideas for a different twist on these meatballs!
- Make it spicy – most curry pastes are naturally a little spicy, but you can bump up the heat even further by adding a sautéed serrano pepper or a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce.
- Serve meatballs over noodles – lo mein noodles are a great stand-in for rice!
- Add veggies – sautéed sweet pepper, snow peas, broccoli, zucchini, or carrot are great veggie additions to these meatballs.
- Try a different curry paste – red or yellow curry paste would be a perfect substitute for the green.
Running short on time? Use these time-saver instructions!
- Shape meatballs – meatballs may be shaped and stored in fridge up to 4 days or the freezer up to 2 months.
- Meal prep meatballs – store the meatballs and rice in meal prep containers up to 6 days.
- Freeze meatballs – cooked meatballs may be frozen up to 2 months.
The green curry sauce really just steals the show here with its gingery flavors. And coupled with the juicy chicken and punch of fresh cilantro + lime and it’s just to die for.
The meatball everyone wants to be. You’ll soon see why.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More incredible meatballs to dig into next!
Ginger Green Curry Chicken Meatballs
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Green Curry Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice and lime wedges for serving
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, panko, and egg. Gently knead until combined and form into 1-in meatballs.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat vegetable oil and swirl pan to evenly coat. Add meatballs to pan and sear on all sides, turning occasionally with a tongs until meatballs are golden brown. Transfer meatballs to a clean plate and set aside.
Green Curry Sauce
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic, and curry paste and saute several minutes until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk, agave, and soy sauce to skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Add meatballs, cover pan, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes until meatballs register 165F.
- Remove meatballs from heat and add basil, and cilantro. Season curry with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm over rice with lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!