Tons of bountiful summer goodness and an insane homemade basil green goddess dressing transform classic cobb salad into a summertime dream! Load up this gorgeous salad with all your favorites.
So I’m feeling pretty cliche over here with salad #3094 of the summer hitting the blog today.
But I’m also totally feeling the salad glow ALL over the place. Salad just does a day right. Any day and preferably every day. Gimme it all.
Seriously though, y’all. My stash of salad recipes is either ridiculous, embarrassing, disturbing, or just plain awesome. You decide.
Actually, I sincerely believe it falls more along the lines of that last one.
So does anyone remember that one time we did cobb salad spring-style? That was a good day in salad-land for sure, but I’m gonna be honest: today might be an even BETTER day because today is the day that cobb salad goes SUMMER.
With a little green goddess in every single inch of it. Seriously, best.day.ever.
This cobb salad is about as no-frills as it gets, guys. Simply load up your salad bowl with ALL the summer fixins’ your little heart desires.
For me, this requires lotsa’ romaine lettuce, fresh sweet corn, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, leftover cooked chicken, hard-boiled egg, a nice big ‘ol avocado, and oodles of feta cheese.
And last but not least a little green glory to make our salad life complete.
Honestly guys, this green goddess dressing is the simplest thing EVER to make, but it’s a total salad game-changer. Fresh basil, fresh lime juice, a little garlic, a touch of agave for sweetness, salt and pepper, and a little olive oil.
Hello, FLAVAH! I want to put you on all the things.
But first things first, y’all. You + this cobb salad.
Summer eats perfection like so. ↑↑ They wait for no one.
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 ears cooked sweet corn, corn taken off the cob
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the salad: In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Combine basil, lime juice, garlic, and agave in a food processor. Pulse several times while drizzling olive oil through the top. Pulse until dressing is smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve salad immediately. Enjoy!
You probably need more reasons to love on summer salads. Try these!