Perfect for a post-weekend detox, this colorful berry-loaded power salad will jump start your healthy goals for the week and you will love every power-packed bite!
This power salad is your post-long-holiday weekend gift from me to you.
Seriously, if this is what the end of all holiday weekends look like for me…then bring it!!
Along with gallons of coffee, please and thanks.
Ay yi yi. So how was your 4th of July weekend, y’all?? You saw clips of mine on Insta here and there this weekend but I didn’t see yours!I need the deets on ALL the cookout food you ate, ratings of the fireworks you saw (or shot off ??) water fights you waged or tried to avoid, and the vague amounts of all the ice cream and cocktails you consumed.
Seriously, go vague on that last one. America’s birthday weekend just ain’t nice on bikini season.
So in an effort to help you out with that minor little issue…I’m contributing power salad to the cause!! And ohhh, heck yes is it a good one.
Salad that seriously should not even taste as good as it does, because hooooooly moly…
Let me give you a run-down of all the POWER this mighty salad holds.
- Strawberries/blueberries. Nature’s little power balls! (psssst…great way to use up leftover fruit from the weekend!)
- Avocado. Well, that one speaks for itself, right?
- Nuts. Roasty-toasty pecans always WIN.
- Tons of green. Romaine lettuce straight from my garden and a handful of green onion for some salad bite.
- Feta cheese. This one actually isn’t a power food, but it’s sure dang NOM.
- Homemade orange poppyseed dressing. Light, healthy, packed with vitamins and puts the finishing touch of perfection on our gorgeous Tuesday-buster power salad.
I dump it on heavy because that’s how summer salad days around here roll.
On my mind for the remaining glorious two months of power-packed SUMMER = this salad.
In my belly for aforespoken time span = THIS SALAD.
If you need me…you know where to find me. ???
Mixed Berry Power Salad with Orange Poppyseed Dressing
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans toasted
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine lettuce, blueberries, strawberries, avocado, pecans, onion, and feta. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, mustard, vinegar, agave, and poppyseeds. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly until smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- When ready to serve, drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Need more power food? Yyyes.
Summer Pesto Grilled Veggies with Penne
Hawaiian Grilled Chicken Mango Salad
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
I definitely overindulged WAY too much this weekend so this salad is just what I need! This looks absolutely gorgeous, Sarah! I love the pretty colors and flavors in here. And an orange poppyseed dressing is so creative! What a perfect summer meal!
Salad detoxes are the best kind!! Thanks Gayle!
Ashley | The Recipe Rebel says
My husband and girls would be ALL over this salad! He loves a nice sweet and fruity salad — I’m definitely going to have to try this out this summer! Gorgeous Sarah!
Fruity salads are the BEST thing ever! Thanks Ashley!
I ate so much this weekend and need to get back on track today! This salad is the perfect way to do it — so healthy, delicious, and colorful! That dressing sounds just scrumptious, too. 🙂
Thanks Marcie! I definitely need allllll the salad right now too!
Lady T says
The lovely Ms. Sarah, your recipes never fail to impress. Can’t wait to make this one. Greetings, haven’t posted in a while!
Thank you so much for stopping by again! 🙂
This looks lovely Sarah, so much color and absolutely gorgeous!
This is one GORGEOUS salad, Sarah! Loaded to the max and exactly how i love them 🙂 Love the orange poppyseed dressing and pretty berries!
Thanks so much Kelly! Loaded salads are the best kind!
Love fruity salads and this one is gorgeous! Glad you had a nice weekend! Pinning to try this for next weekend 🙂
Thanks for the sweet words and for pinning, Mira!!
I love all the fruit going on in this salad! It looks so good. I want that dressing right now!
Thank you Amanda! Fruity salads are so amazing!
Mary Frances says
Wow! Orange and poppyseed dressing! Love that combo.
Thanks Mary Frances! It’s so good!!
Puja Darshan says
Oh my Gosh!!! This looks gorgeous, so delicious and very healthy. Pinning 🙂
Thanks for pinning, Puja!! 🙂
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
This salad looks amazing Sarah! That homemade orange poppyseed dressing sounds divine!
Thanks so much Aimee!! 😀
Thanks for the recipe! I already tried it and shared with my mom and we had the same comment! It was so delicious that she bothered to ask the recipe, thanks again for sharing this post!