This creamy, luscious chocolate ice cream has it all! Rich dark chocolate and tons of mint and mocha flavors shine through in this dynamite ice cream for one unforgettable scoop!
Unforgettable, indeed. I may still be eating this ice cream until the very end of time itself.
Or at least until the temperature decides to stay below 95° for a little while.
Okay either way I’ll be eating this chocolate ice cream. More like slurping because like I said…it’s hot and the only way to consume ice cream right now is to slurp it down as fast as humanly possible.
And those multiple scoops? They keep a body well-hydrated which is a necessity in these dog days of summah’.
And there you go. One solid reason why you should be eating this chocolate ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between.
Ice cream hydration. It’s a thing. Cross my heart hope to die.
Can we talk about the ridiculous flavors all up in this ice cream? Seriously, it’s slightly overwhelming because, hello mint, mocha, and chocolate all wrapped up into one glorious scoop!
Okaaaaay, 10 scoops in my case.
This ice cream uses my basic custard base that I use for ALL my ice creams and trust me, it’s about as simple as things get around here. The only thing you need to remember is to plan ahead. The custard base needs to chill for a little while, then you have to churn it, then more chilling until it’s scoopin’ time.
Scooping time is the best time. In fact, I’ve recently decided to trade in my regular spoon for a bigger and better spoon that you probably call an ice cream scooper.
It’s bigger, better, and just gets the job done faster.
And that job would be slurping up every.single.last.drop of this ice cream.
Can we Friday the right way now? This chocolate ice cream is the way. Go do your ice cream thing.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 8 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mint extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, coffee, half-and-half, and sugar to a low simmer. Working quickly, whisk 1 tablespoon hot mixture into egg yolks a total of 4 times. Add all back to saucepan, whisking until smooth. Bring mixture to a low simmer until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in dark chocolate chips, and extracts until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Chill until completely cold.
- Once ice cream base is chilled, churn in an ice cream maker according to machine instructions. Freeze ice cream an additional 4-6 hours until ice cream is completely solid. Once ice cream is solid, scoop ice cream into serving bowls and serve. Enjoy!
More ice cream is just a must. Try this secretly-HEALTHY ice cream next!!