No cream or eggs in this secretly-healthy banana ice cream! It’s made completely in the freezer and swirled with a luscious homemade caramel sauce.— Only 130 calories per serving!
I feel as though all of our Fridays are made. Maybe even all of the numerous months of summer remaining.
Ice cream can have that effect on a person’s outlook on life, I’ve come to realize.
Now, in other life-altering news…it is the triumphant and long-anticipated return of “nice cream!!”
That’s top-secret lingo for banana ice cream. Which you should probably know is the single most genius thing my brain can even comprehend. ??
It all started with this recipe I shared with y’all banana ice cream freaks about a year ago. You guys went completely nutso over that recipe and loudly proclaimed your eternal love for nice cream.
This is why we’re all the best of friends around here, guys. Our tastebuds and food feelings are seriously so in sync with each other.
If you’ve never made banana ice cream before, here’s a quick little “scoop” for you in bullet points. (ha!)
- There’s no ice cream maker involved. The whole shebang is made in the food processor and then simply thrown in the freezer. SHA-ZAM. That’s ice cream magic.
- It’s made pretty much solely of…you guessed it, you geniuses! Bananas. Heavy cream and egg yolks have been officially fired from my ice cream. —There’s no need for ’em! It’s so lusciously rich and creamy without it.
Guess what else happens to this ice cream. It starts with caramel and ends with SWIRL which is how I think all things that enter my belly should be from here on out. Agreed? Thanks.
Really. Somebody tell that caramel swirl to stop looking so dang gorgeous.
So BFFs can be honest with each other, right? Let’s roll with that. Only a TRUE friend would tell you that you need to do the following today and every day this weekend. Maybe even into the week if we’re feeling ambitious.
(a) Make this banana ice cream.
(b) Eat it straight out of the freezer container with a spoon to hide the evidence that anything even existed.
(c) Repeat steps A and B until satisfied with your ice cream experience.
This could take more than just a weekend, guys.
Just ‘sayin that so you know to get your ice cream game face ON.
Like so. —> ???
No-Churn Caramel Swirl Banana Ice Cream
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ICE CREAM:
- 4 large bananas cut into chunks and frozen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Make the caramel: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in sugar and agave and bring caramel to a boil until a deep golden brown. Remove from heat and whisk in baking soda and salt. Cool slightly
- In a food processor, pulse frozen banana, milk, agave, and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Scrape into a loaf pan. Spoon caramel sauce over top and gently cut through ice cream with a knife to swirl. Freeze ice cream until solid, about 2 hours. Enjoy!
Make sure you try the recipe that started it all next!!