This creamy, luscious chocolate ice cream has it all! Rich dark chocolate and tons of mint and mocha flavors shine through in this dynamite ice cream for one unforgettable scoop!
Unforgettable, indeed. I may still be eating this ice cream until the very end of time itself.
Or at least until the temperature decides to stay below 95° for a little while.
Okay either way I’ll be eating this chocolate ice cream. More like slurping because like I said…it’s hot and the only way to consume ice cream right now is to slurp it down as fast as humanly possible.
And those multiple scoops? They keep a body well-hydrated which is a necessity in these dog days of summah’.
And there you go. One solid reason why you should be eating this chocolate ice cream for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and everything in between.
Ice cream hydration. It’s a thing. Cross my heart hope to die.
Can we talk about the ridiculous flavors all up in this ice cream? Seriously, it’s slightly overwhelming because, hello mint, mocha, and chocolate all wrapped up into one glorious scoop!
Okaaaaay, 10 scoops in my case.
This ice cream uses my basic custard base that I use for ALL my ice creams and trust me, it’s about as simple as things get around here. The only thing you need to remember is to plan ahead. The custard base needs to chill for a little while, then you have to churn it, then more chilling until it’s scoopin’ time.
Scooping time is the best time. In fact, I’ve recently decided to trade in my regular spoon for a bigger and better spoon that you probably call an ice cream scooper.
It’s bigger, better, and just gets the job done faster.
And that job would be slurping up every.single.last.drop of this ice cream.
Can we Friday the right way now? This chocolate ice cream is the way. Go do your ice cream thing.
Mint Dark Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 8 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon mint extract
- In a medium saucepan, bring milk, coffee, half-and-half, and sugar to a low simmer. Working quickly, whisk 1 tablespoon hot mixture into egg yolks a total of 4 times. Add all back to saucepan, whisking until smooth. Bring mixture to a low simmer until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and whisk in dark chocolate chips, and extracts until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Chill until completely cold.
- Once ice cream base is chilled, churn in an ice cream maker according to machine instructions. Freeze ice cream an additional 4-6 hours until ice cream is completely solid. Once ice cream is solid, scoop ice cream into serving bowls and serve. Enjoy!
More ice cream is just a must. Try this secretly-HEALTHY ice cream next!!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Sarah, this ice cream looks PERFECT! I just want to dive right into this bowl for breakfast. Mint chocolate mocha…I don’t think it could get any better than this. And ice cream is definitely needed since it’s SO hot around here! Such gorgeous pictures, too!
Bethany @ Athletic Avocado says
OMG gurl I don’t think I could control myself if I had this ice cream in front of my face! It would all be gone in one sitting for sure!
Why do you only use the egg yolk then make an ice cream? Why not the whole egg? Will it ruin it if you use just egg whites? Or even just the whole egg?
Egg yolks provide richness to the ice cream, so the whites aren’t needed and they might make the ice cream taste too “eggy” in flavor if you will.
za. rizik says
Looks awesome – I love anything that is garnished with mint – very fresh and summery flavors.
EL Mehdi says
I haven’t tried it yet but i like it already xD just a quick question please:
The amount of ingredients you mentioned in your recipe, will it be enough for 4 people? I want to try it out for my family