Banana bread in healthy donut form! These soft banana bread donuts taste just like a piece of banana bread and a spicy chai glaze drizzled on top makes them irresistible!
Donuts for the new year, you guys!!! I mean, obviously we are starting off 2017 the very very right way.
And for the record: as of right now, the right way always has to include chai glaze for it to be considered legit right.
Okay, so diving headfirst into these donuts. We have a lot of healthy banana bread donuts business to plow through this morning so I’m gonna start talking.
First off. The donuts base. Did you catch those two little words “banana bread” in my title? That’s because these donuts actually do have the taste, texture, and ALL the things you love about banana bread…in adorable little donuts form in case you missed my point.
The batter for these donuts is extremely easy to throw together and you could probably do it in your sleep. Minimal basic ingredients. One bowl. Easy stuff that you can do!
I mean, we could probably just eat these banana bread donuts plain since they’re just that amazingly-soft, moist, and perfect buuuuuuut…always go the extra mile when we’re talking about donuts, ok?
It’s a rule to live by.
The extra mile obv in this case = unreal/slightly ridic amounts of silky spiced chai glaze. It’s great on a banana bread donut, but also great by the finger-ful if you know what I mean.
Isn’t 2017 looking better and better already? Donuts always change the game.
Always, always, alwaaaaaaaays…♥
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon chai spice
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Make the donuts: Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 6-count donut pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat mashed banana, eggs, sugar, agave, coconut oil, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Fill donut pans 3/4 full of batter, being careful not to overfill. Bake donuts at 350F 14-15 minutes or until a toothpick tests done. Cool donuts in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, whisk all glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle glaze over donuts and let set 5 minutes. Enjoy!
More donut temptation right this way. >>>