Tons of mocha flavor and banana are a match made in heaven in these insanely-moist baked donuts that are covered in a heavenly chocolate espresso glaze.—One is never enough!
There’s a Monday glazed donut up there with your name on it, guys.
I’ve been told I make Mondays better and I’m pretty sure baked donuts is one of those never-fail always-an-easy-way-out reasons.
Silly question: what day isn’t improved by a big double-chocolate glazed donut? The answer as you may suspect is zero.
And I suspect I might have another 5. Brb.
So let’s talk seriously about the baked donuts that are about to make your Monday feel like a weekend. No, really. —>> these donuts might seriously be that good, just trust me on this.
We’ll start by discussing our donut base. It’s super SUPER-moist thanks to the mashed banana hiding in there, then we have a subtle hint of coffee flavor coupled with, of course, tons of chocolate goodness.
It’s basically a perfect donut about to be made even perfect-er because these babies still have yet to meet GLAZE.
And glaze they will meet. Said glaze will adorn every inch of donut heaven. It’s a thick, gooey chocolate glaze and I highly recommend removing all the spoons from your immediate reach.
Don’t remove the donuts from your reach though. Just let Monday bygones be bygones and allow all the donut binging commence.
I said so and I consider myself a donut influential party.
Which means I’m on the side of eating baked donuts morning, noon, and night. <<< Always a good standpoint to be on, you guys.
I mean, obviously.
Now if you don’t mind…I’m gonna go stand a little close to the baked donuts. Ciao.
Glazed Mocha Banana Baked Donuts
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease two 6-cup donut pans. Set aside.
- Make the donuts: In a large bowl, whisk mashed banana, oil, sugar, yogurt, espresso, milk, egg, and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually fold in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt until batter is smooth.
- Fill prepared donut pans 3/4 full of batter and smooth tops. Bake donuts at 350F 14-15 minutes or until donuts spring back when lightly touched. Cool donuts in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring espresso, cream, and agave to a low simmer. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl, then pour hot cream mixture over top. Gently whisk chocolate until melted and glaze is completely smooth. Whisk in vanilla extract.
- Dip cooled donuts into glaze and place on wire cooling rack to set. Enjoy!
You’ve GOT to try these Pumpkin Spice Latte Donuts next!! So many donuts so little time…