A fun twist on classic chocolate chip cookies, these soft-baked cookies are jam-packed with lots of oats, pecans, and gooey chocolate chips. Unbelievably easy recipe and ready in under 20 minutes!
TGIF!! Sorry, I just had to get that out. This has just been one of those weeks. Good news? It’s almost over…Better news? I’ve got cookies for you! Best news? There’s Chocolate…♥
I’m kind of nuts about soft-baked anything…While I love munching on crunchy popcorn or pretzels, soft and chewy textures will always be my #1 favorite way to snack. 🙂
These cookies are super-thick and unbelievably soft and chewy—they’re loaded with nutty oats, crunchy pecans, and gooey chocolate. And guess what? They’re unbelievably easy as well!! 10 minutes prep time and 9 minutes bake time. If you lost count that’s less than 20 minutes from start to finish!
Usual CC cookie ingredients…
- Coconut sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Semisweet chocolate chips (chunks work too)
Our special add-in ingredients…..♥
- Quick-cooking oats (make sure you use quick-cooking, not old-fashioned rolled oats)
- Ground cinnamon (adds an amazing punch of flavor!)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (awesome crunch to these cookies!)
You know the drill here…..Make your dough (keep reading for the printable recipe) Roll the dough into 1-in balls and place on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake your cookies at 350F for 9 minutes. —The cookies will appear very soft and underdone—this is exactly what you want: They will firm up slightly as they cool, but won’t lose their soft and chewy interior. Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes, then remove to a wire cooling rack.
If you’re like me, at this point, pour yourself a glass of milk and dig into these cookies while they’re still warm. Best. Snack. Ever.
These cookies are perfect for snacking or for tucking into the kids lunch boxes. Or for hoarding all to yourself because your hungry brothers and sisters keep eating your cookies the second they come out of the oven. True story. 😉
Ooh….just gaze at all that ooey-gooey chocolate….I’m going to be dreaming about these cookies tonight, I just know it. 😀
I prefer to dive into these cookies when they’re nice and warm and the chocolate is melt-y and gooey. ♥
I don’t know how ANYONE could say no to these cookies…..No one in their right mind, that is. seems to be a good deal to me!
Because these chocolate chip cookies have oatmeal in them, in my book, they can pass for a health-ified snack. So go ahead: Indulge in your “healthy” chocolate of the day. 🙂
Soft-Baked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place butter and coconut sugar in a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating until combined. In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add dry mixture to liquid mixture, mixing on medium speed until a dough forms. Add pecans and chocolate until combined.
- Roll cookie dough into 1-in balls and place on parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake at 350F 9 minutes (cookies will appear very soft and underdone) Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
A few other cookie recipes I know you’ll love….
Butter Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Ginger Molasses Snickerdoodles
Natalie @ Tastes Lovely says
Mmm, I love soft chocolate chip cookies. Like eating a soft pillow. Love that melty picture, makes me want one right now!
“Pillows” would be a perfect description of these cookies, Natalie. I personally LOVE eating “edible” pillows! 😀
Allie | Baking a Moment says
I am totally with you, Sarah! A warm and melty, soft and chewy CCC from the oven is the ultimate snack! Yours look so puffy and tempting!
Warm CC cookies are my definitely my biggest weakness. Thanks, Allie!
Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner says
These sure do look thick and chewy and that’s my favorite kind! Love the melty chocolate goo in these pics. Makes me want to reach in and grab one! Yum. 🙂
Thick and chewy cookies are my favorite kind too! Thanks Tina. 🙂