Packed with gooey chocolate chips and juicy fresh strawberries, these strawberry chocolate chip muffins are quick to whip up and a breakfast favorite!
Nothing makes a morning quite like a freshly-baked muffin stuffed to capacity with strawberries and chocolate!
We’re talking extra-soft texture, sweet and juicy strawberry chunks, and entirely too much gooey chocolate all wrapped up into one glorious breakfast.
It should certainly be no surprise that you’re gonna want to grab two
The best part about these muffins is that they are simple enough for any novice baker and literally almost impossible to mess up! The only way you’ll mess it up is not sneaking one warm from the oven.
These Muffins feature…
- A soft and fluffy texture
- Juicy fresh strawberries and rich chocolate chips
- Minutes to make with freezing options as well
Making the Muffins
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Greek yogurt
- Vanilla extract
- 2% or skim milk
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
Can I Make Muffins into Quick Bread?
Yes, you can! Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and pour batter into pan. Bake quick bread at 350F 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
Tips for Perfect Muffins
- Measure flour correctly – we use the spoon-and-level technique for measuring flour as this will prevent over-measuring your flour. Use a spoon to scoop flour into the measuring cup, then level with the back of a knife.
- Toss strawberries with flour – a light coating of flour helps keep the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of the muffins.
- Gently fold batter – use a light hand when mixing batter and gently fold so as not to overmix.
- Fill muffin cups to brim with batter – this will make for tall bakery-style muffins.
- Test muffins with toothpick – your muffins are done when a toothpick comes out clean from the center (be careful not to put the toothpick through a gooey chocolate chip)
Try these ideas for a different twist on these muffins!
- Try different add-ins – get creative with fresh blueberries, peaches, raspberries, or different chocolates.
- Top muffins with streusel – this adds a lovely touch to these muffins.
- Add citrus – try adding 1 teaspoon grated orange zest to the batter for a little citrus flavor.
Storing and Freezing Muffins
These muffins store well at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days. For best results, we recommend reheating muffins in the microwave 10-20 seconds so the chocolate gets gooey.
To freeze muffins, allow them to cool completely, store in a freezer-safe container, and freeze up to 2 months. You can reheat muffins directly from the freezer in the microwave or allow them to thaw.
The juicy strawberry chunks and gooey chocolate work their magic in these muffins, y’all! Every bite is loaded with goodness and it should almost be illegal how soft and fluffy they are.
Do yourself a favor and make a double batch.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More strawberry baked goods you need to try next!
- Browned Butter Strawberry Cornmeal Cake
- White Chocolate Strawberry Mousse Bars
- Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup 2% or skim milk
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided (spooned and leveled)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strawberries, cut into 1/4-in cubes
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with wrappers and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, and milk until smooth. In a separate bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into liquid until batter is just combined. In a small bowl, toss strawberries with remaining 1 tablespoon flour until evenly coated. Gently fold strawberries and chocolate chips into muffin batter.
- Divide muffin batter between prepared cups, filling each cup to the brim with batter. Bake muffins at 350F 20-25 minutes until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool muffins on a wire cooling rack and serve. Enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe tips and photos on 7/20/23.