Refreshing watermelon and lots of fresh lime are the perfect combo in these pool-worthy watermelon slushies! Blend them up in minutes with only three ingredients.
Raise your hand if in the summertime nearly all of your meals contain watermelon in some form.
If that’s the case, you need these watermelon slushies in your life like yesterday.
We’re keeping is super simple today and yes, I really do mean SO incredibly simple, since we’re just relying on three basic ingredients and your trusty blender to pull off these pretty sippers.
Look, it’s hot out and the pool is probably calling your name so it’d be a shame to show up without a tumbler full of this watermelon goodness.
These Watermelon Slushies feature…
- Sweet, refreshing watermelon
- Lots of fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Only 10 minutes and 3 ingredients needed to make
Making the Slushies
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Lime juice
- (no really, that’s it)
Can I Use a Food Processor?
We don’t recommend using a food processor for these slushies due to the fact that they have a lot of ice in them and that can be very hard on the blades of a food processor. For best results, use a high-speed blender that’s capable of breaking up ice chunks.
Tips for Perfect Slushies
- Use seedless watermelon – for obvious reasons, no one likes seeds in their slushies!
- Juice fresh lime – fresh lime makes a huge difference flavor-wise in these slushies.
- Sweeten slushy to taste – depending on how sweet your watermelon is, you may have to adjust the amount of honey you use. We recommend starting with 2 tablespoons, tasting the slushy, and adding more based on your personal sweetness preference.
- Do not over-blend – over-blending will liquify the watermelon quite a bit, so for best results we recommend blending just until all the ice is smooth.
Try these ideas for a different twist on these slushies
- Add another fruit – try adding another melon such as cantaloupe, fresh mango, or pineapple. We recommend staying away from berries with seeds to prevent seeds in your slushies.
- Spike slushies – for an adults-only version, add 2 oz vodka, tequila, or white rum to individual glasses. We especially love tequila in this one!
- Try a different citrus – try orange or lemon juice in place of the lime.
If you would like to make these shakes ahead of time for easy serving, follow the instructions below for freezing.
- Follow step 1 for blending and transfer mixture to a freezer-safe container. Freeze slushies up to 1 month.
- When ready to serve slushies, remove frozen mixture from freezer and allow to soften on counter about 20 minutes.
- Break frozen mixture into chunks and place in blender or food processor. Blend on high speed until smooth, adding a few splashes of apple juice or orange juice as needed to thin the texture.
For how easy these sippers are to pull off, it’s purely insane how sweet and refreshing they are. Don’t be afraid to spike ’em with your favorite liquor if you want an even better party in a glass.
Happy summer, y’all! If your blender isn’t working overtime all summer churning out these slushies, you’re probably doing it wrong.
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Try these other refreshing slushies next!
Watermelon Lime Slushies
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 5 cups seedless diced watermelon
- Juice from 1 lime (about 1/4 cup juice)
- 2-3 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 3 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until mixture is smooth and slushy (do not over-blend, otherwise the slushy will liquify slightly) Sweeten slushy with additional honey to taste if desired.
- Pour slushy into serving glasses and serve immediately.
This post was updated with new recipe tips and photos on 6/29/23.