You’ll feel like you took a trip to the tropics after one sip of these refreshing pineapple margarita slushies that take only 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to make!
Time to take a trip to the tropics! No passport necessary, just a blender and 6 basic ingredients is all we’re looking at today.
And the result is literally the dreamiest pineapple slushy with the option of tequila for a little kick or skip the alcohol for a virgin version.
Any way you blend it your tropical drinks game is about to be on POINT this summer!
We’re talking smooth, creamy, incredibly refreshing, and BIG on the pineapple flavors for these slushies and honestly, it’s almost scary how easy they are to blend up at a moment’s notice.
These Pineapple Margarita Slushies feature…
- Tropical pineapple, lime, and orange flavors
- Boozy tequila and sweet triple sec
- 10 minutes to make with only 6 ingredients
Making the Pineapple Margarita Slushies
(scroll down to the bottom of the post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Frozen pineapple
- Lime juice
- Orange juice concentrate
- Agave nectar
- Triple sec
Can I Make Virgin Slushies?
Yes, you sure can! No one should have to miss out on these and you definitely don’t have to.
For a delicious alcohol-free slushy, replace the tequila with an equal amount pineapple juice and replace the triple sec with an equal amount of orange juice.
Tips for Perfect Slushies
- Use frozen pineapple – using frozen fruit instead of fresh helps cut down on the amount of ice we’ll need in these slushies which makes for a much better fruity flavor.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice – freshly-squeezed lime juice makes a huge difference flavor-wise!
- Use orange juice concentrate – this helps sweeten the slushies and gives it a little pop of orange flavor that goes so well with the pineapple.
- Go for a high-quality tequila – trust me, as tempting as cheap tequila might seem for something like this, splurge a little bit for a higher quality – it’ll make a better slushy!
Try these ideas for a different twist on these slushies!
- Try a different fruit – frozen strawberries, banana, raspberries, mango, blackberries, or melon would all be amazing in these slushies
- Use a combo of fruits – try pineapple + mango + banana, strawberry + blackberry, or watermelon + strawberry.
- Make it coconutty – try adding a a splash of cream of coconut for a coconut pineapple version.
If you’d like to make these slushies ahead of time for a crew, follow the following freezing instructions!
- Blend the slushies and immediately pour into a freezer-safe container leaving an inch of open air at the top in case the slush expands during freezing. Freeze the slushies up to 1 month.
- To serve the slushies, remove container from freezer and allow to soften at room temperature 15-20 minutes. (mixture won’t be totally frozen if you make an alcohol version)
- Scoop slush into blender and blend on high speed to return to slushy consistency (add a few splashes of orange or pineapple juice if it’s still a little too frozen)
The sweet pineapple and the punch of fresh lime + orange in these slushies is a just a dynamite trio and one that we guarantee you’ll be craving all summer! (totally normal in the off-season too, don’t worry)
Meet ya poolside with a tall tumbler full of this!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch these slushies made step-by-step on Google web stories.
More summery cocktails you will definitely want to try next!
Pineapple Margarita Slushies
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups frozen diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 3/4 cup tequila (or add pineapple juice for alcohol-free)
- 1/4 cup triple sec (or add orange juice for alcohol-free)
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth. Serve slushies immediately or store in freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!
This post was updated with new recipe tips and photos on 4/19/23.