Spicy ginger, sweet pineapple juice, and tangy lime juice make for an incredibly smooth and flavorful pineapple gin cocktail that’s perfect for entertaining!
Gin and tonic lovers, have I ever got a treat for you today.
Really, anyone that loves a fancy-schmancy cocktail, you’re in for a killer treat today. We’re talking the trifecta flavors of pineapple, ginger, and lime.
With a little gin + tonic snuck in the mix cause it’s Thursday!!
A lot of you know that Jason is definitely known as the cocktail guy in our house, but I’m ecstatic to inform you that this little pineapple gin cocktail gem was dreamed up by yours truly.
I’m crushing hard on ginger in drinks right now and wanted to bring some of those incredible spicy flavors into a sweet, summery cocktail.
And thus, this gorgeous sipper was born. It required a lot of tinkering around to get the flavors JUST right (and a bit of advice from my pro cocktail inside source) but I think we’ve landed a winner.
Grab your shaker and let’s make this pineapple gin cocktail together! ♥
The first component in this drink is the ginger simple syrup. My first batch of this cocktail consisted of using fresh grated ginger which did…uhh…weird things to the drink consistency and the ginger flavors were way too overpowering.
Jason suggested making a ginger simple syrup for batch #2 and whoa. It was like night and day difference. It definitely adds a little layer of complexity to this drink and requires a little planning ahead but it’s well worth it. The ginger flavors are strong but mellow from steeping in the sugar.
To make the simple syrup, we’re going to simmer water, granulated sugar, and fresh ginger slices for about 15 minutes and then let it steep off-heat for 45 minutes to develop all that wonderful gingery flavor. You can store this simple syrup in the fridge for up to a week.
Now we’re ready to mix up that drink! In a shaker you’re going to combine high-quality gin, pineapple juice, (from concentrate or a can is fine!) fresh lime juice, and the ginger simple syrup.
Shake ‘er up with plenty of ice and divide between two glasses on the rocks or neat, whatever you prefer. Then top each glass off with 2 oz tonic water and use a cocktail spoon to evenly mix.
This drink honestly is at about the level of a $15 cocktail you would order in a nicer restaurant. The flavors are THAT incredible!
It’s perfectly sweet from the pineapple juice, tangy from the lime, sweet and spicy from the ginger syrup, the gin is smooth (goes down WAY too smooth – scary ?) and the tonic water adds just a slight bubbly carbonation. << to die for and easy as heck to shake up WHENEVER!
Just save me a glass, please. ??
Try these other summery cocktails out next! ♥
Ginger Lime Pineapple Gin Cocktail
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 4 oz gin
- 3 oz fresh pineapple juice
- 2 oz fresh-squeezed lime juice
- Ice for shaking
- 4 oz tonic water
- Pineapple and lime wedges for serving, optional
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to medium-low, add ginger slices, cover pan, and let syrup simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, uncover, and let syrup steep at room temperature 45 minutes. Strain syrup, discarding ginger slices. Refrigerate syrup until ready to use.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, pineapple juice, lime juice, and cooled ginger syrup. Add ice and screw lid on. Shake cocktail until condensation forms on the outside of shaker.
- Strain cocktail into two serving glasses. Add additional ice if desired and pour 2 oz tonic water over each glass. Use a cocktail spoon to stir. Garnish drinks with pineapple and lime wedges if desired and serve immediately. Enjoy!