Soft, chewy and loaded to the max with chocolate, these addicting cookies rival bakery ones—Now you can have bakery-style cookies from the comfort of your own home!
Happiness is a huge bakery-style cookie. From the comfort of your own home. Without even having to change outta your PJs.
Leave those pajamas on. You don’t even have to leave the house today to get your cookie fix. 😉
You know what Friday calls for? Exactly that. Preferably
one five cookies stuffed to the max with chocolate.
Bring it ON.
Seriously, I don’t think these cookies could hold any more chocolate-y goodness. —Yoo-hoo, chocoholics! Get ready to meet your match.
The last cookie recipe I shared with you guys were pretty dang healthy. They’re also one of my FAVORITE cookie recipes in the world, but today? We’re going SUPER-rich and decadent.
Soft, fudgy chocolate inside? Check. Double-chocolate delight? Check. Super easy? Check. Highly addicting?
It’s FRIIIIIIDAY, after all and decadence is just totally necessary. Just keep telling yourself that after your 3rd one of these cookies.
They’re SO soft and chewy inside, that first chocolate-y bite will knock you on your knees with delight. Totally swoon-worthy.
And it’s unbelievable HOW much they taste like the double-chocolate cookies you buy at a bakery. Super-soft, freakishly-huge, and stuffed with about a million pounds of chocolate.
I’m surprised I even had time to take photos of these cookies, they were snatched up so fast. Seriously, you’d think that I NEVER ever make cookies around here by the way people (aka: kids) act when I pull out those cookie sheets….
They turn into ravaging monkeys is the nicest way to put it.
What can I say? My cookies have that effect on people.
Occasionally it gets so out of hand that I have to threaten to eat all the cookies myself, just to keep those crazy troops in line.
Bahahaha! It’s pretty funny ’cause they’re all like, No! Please! We’ll be good, we PROMISE!
Me: Uh-huh, sure. Just to be safe I guess I’ll just….
Them: NO! MOOOM! Sarah’s eating all the cookies!
Let’s just forget that entire dialogue above. That never happened, k good. 😉
A few days ago, I doubled the recipe for these cookies and brought them to a family gathering hoping/praying that I would have a few leftover to take to work the next day for some snacking. (no shame) Well, that lovely plan fell through when every single one of these cookies vanished within minutes of me setting them out.
I wonder if I could convince my family to make another batch of these cookies just for me….?? Nahhh…Couldn’t happen. They probably wouldn’t even know how to turn on the oven. And the end product would probably be long gone before I even KNEW about it.
The joys of living with cookie-pigs.
Guys, this has quickly become my go-to cookie recipe. Seriously, they whip up SO fast and before you know it you have fresh, warm-from-the-oven cookies waiting for snacktime.
Or just for whenever-you-feel-like-a-cookie time. Which is basically all the time.
At least, that’s me. 😀
Bakery-Style Double Chocolate Cookies
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1-1/2 cups coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips plus more for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a large bowl. With a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add to liquid mixture, beating on medium speed until mixture forms a dough. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly and press additional chocolate chips on top if desired.
- Bake cookies at 350F 8-9 minutes (cookies will be very soft) Cool cookies on baking sheet 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
(one of the most popular recipes on my blog!)
(Super decadent and SUPER-skinny!)
(my family’s favorite kind of donut)