Coated in golden caramel and covered in just about everything else, these caramel apples are definitely the ultimate fall treat! Load ’em up with all your favorite toppings.
Because literally everything tastes good on a caramel apple.
As you may have heard back in this post of Apple Week that I have a slight obsession with anything-caramel apple.
But NOTHING in universe beats the real thing.
Lets take a poll: Who else (besides me) is a total kid-at-heart and eats caramel apples every fall?
Now, don’t make me feel like a fool and SOMEBODY raise their hand, please and thank you.
I’m sorry, but there’s just something about caramel apples that make me uber-nostalgic and bring back tons of awesome caramel-y fall memories….
Usually ones that involved epic messes of caramel all over my face while trying to eat a caramel apple. Probably 2-ish years ago?
The best kind of memories. 😀
These really are the ULTIMATE of all caramel apples. We’ve got our super-gooey and super-addicting homemade caramel sauce that is pretty much just spoon-in-the jar-worthy.
The caramel is then covered in basically everything….okay, except bacon cause that’s just gross.
And that’s coming from the person who puts bacon on nearly everything.
Except caramel apples….just no.
My favorite caramel apple toppings include…
- Chopped nuts (pecans are my personal fav)
- Crushed pretzels (sweet + salty = perfecto)
- Shredded coconut
- Crushed graham cracker crumbs
- Mini chocolate chips
- Melted semisweet chocolate and/or white chocolate
Gosh, I wish there was some way that I could just put ALL of those toppings onto one apple. That might be going a tad overboard though….
Nothing outta the ordinary in Sarah’s insane world 😉
Load up ‘them gorgeous apples with all your favs. They’re kinda naked with just the caramel, ya know…
Even if you’re not completely caramel apple-nutso you still TOTALLY need these sweet treats in your life this fall. I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: It is NOT fall without homemade caramel apples.
Plus your kids will love you forever, since I haven’t met a kid yet who doesn’t love caramel apples.—You’ll definitely earn some big points in the kitchen-department. 🙂
That being said, go buy those apples and get crackin’.
Or caramelin’. You get it. 😉
Everything Caramel Apples
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 apples
- Popsicle sticks
- Assorted toppings: Melted semisweet chocolate chopped nuts, crushed pretzels, ect.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring butter and honey to a boil, stirring occasionally. Let caramel boil about 1 minute, then slowly pour in cream (be careful it doesn't splatter hot caramel) Continue cooking caramel until thickened and turns a dark golden color. Remove from heat and stir in salt. Cool caramel 5 minutes.
- Once caramel is slightly cooled insert popsicle sticks in apples and then dip apples into caramel, swirling to evenly coat.
- If desired, roll apples in chopped nuts or toppings of your choice, then place on wax paper. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired then chill apples until caramel is set.