Dinner’s ready in only 30 with this quick and classic spaghetti and meatballs, but the sauce is so flavorful you’ll think it’s been simmering for hours!
Ahhh S&M….My favorite way to spend a Monday for sure.
Oh, who am I kidding? Bring on the noodles ANY day at ANY time. (I’m lookin’ at you, breakfast)
So this spaghetti. As you could probably guess, it’s kinda a dinnertime staple around here. I’m requested to make it usually at LEAST twice a week.
99.9% of the time I’ll say, “I’m down with that. Let’s get that water ‘a boiling!
The other 0.1% of the time? Just not in the mood. Thank goodness THAT doesn’t happen too often…*shudder*
Do y’all love 30-minute meals as much as I do? Let’s be pals, cause we’ve got something BIG in common.
I mean, I’m all for making food taste at it’s absolute best, no matter what the time-frame it takes. But those meals that taste amazing AND whip up in a mere 30? They get me every time.
I’m not a lazy cook, I promise. 😀
There isn’t anything super-weird or foreign about this spaghetti. No gourmet ingredients, no fancy techniques. Just down-home class S&M that we all grew up with and love.
That also happens to be the best spaghetti and meatballs that will ever get in ‘yo belly.
Obv, I’ve had my fair share of S&M just like everyone else, and I can say that without a doubt, NOTHING beats this recipe. Your granny’s cooking, mom’s, the MIL’s, NOTHING compares.
I’ve been playing around with this recipe for about 6 months now, tweaking things until it turned out just right.
It was worth the time, trust me.
“Right” doesn’t even come close to describing the perfection level of this awesome stuff…
There’s a serious danger that I might fall into a spaghetti-and-meatball coma is the simple way to put it.
OMG. How awesome would that be?!
I opted to used ground turkey in these meatballs, rather than the usual ground beef. I love the super-moist and tender texture ground turkey gives meatballs, PLUS it keeps things on the lighter side.
Because we all know that S&M is total health food. 😀
The meatballs are perfectly seasoned, unbelievably moist and tender, and floating around in a thick and creamy tomato sauce that’s kicked up with fresh basil and fragrant garlic. All this crowning a bed of warm noodles.
A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and you’re set for the night. Possibly for life.
That’s a lot to say for such a simple spaghetti and meatball’s recipe. Sometimes the simple stuff turns out to be the tastiest.
Take 30 minutes, tonight and whip up this spaghetti. Your Monday and your belly will thank you later.
And your tastebuds? Prepare for them to fall off from spaghetti-and-meatball paradise.
Yep. This is paradise with a capital P.
And COMFORT food with all caps for sure.
30-Minute Spaghetti and Meatballs
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 lb spaghetti pasta cooked according to package instructions
- Grated Parmesan cheese optional
- Prepare the meatballs: Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients until evenly incorporated. Roll meat mixture into 1-in balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs at 375F 20-25 minutes or until meat registers done. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While meatballs are baking, prepare the sauce: In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender and fragrant. Pour sauce into pan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream, salt and pepper to taste, basil, and cooked meatballs.
- Serve sauce over cooked pasta and sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.