This creamy, home-style chicken noodle soup is guaranteed to cure anything! Chock-full of veggies, chicken and noodles in a rich broth; it goes perfectly with fresh bread for Sunday dinner.
Better than canned soup, that’s for sure.
And possibly even better than ‘yo mama’s chicken noodle soup.
Yes, I know that’s a pretty big claim, but trust me when I say I know what I’m talking about: This soup is the real deal.
It’s better than anything in the whole dang world.
Cute puppies, giggly babies, double chocolate cookies, NOTHING beats this soup.
And that’s coming from a girl who LIVES for chocolate and pretty much anything sweet.
Sorry, donuts. You know you never stood a chance.
Everyone I know has their favorite version of chicken noodle soup, but this is MY version and I can say without a doubt, that it is the best thing ever.
So far everyone I’ve served this soup to concurs 110% and counting. 😉
I would never be one to suggest that YOUR favorite version of chicken noodle soup isn’t awesome, but this. THIS is by far the best chicken noodle soup recipe I’ve tried yet.
(hint, hint. TRY IT and see)
It’s perfectly seasoned, so creamy, chock-full of tender veggies, chicken and noodles upon NOODLES.
I like oodles of noodles in my chicken NOODLE soup.
I kinda just love the word NOODLE too. 😀
‘Kay I’m strange. Y’all should know that already.
This is one of those rare dinners that EVERYONE, yes everyone in my family will eat. They’ll scrape their bowls clean and go back for seconds and even thirds.
And I won’t be left with ANY leftovers for lunch the next day. 🙁 (don’t worry–I get back at them by not sharing my beloved brownies)
Mwahahaha. BURN. I fight dirty. 🙂
This soup is also the BEST way ever to use up leftover cooked chicken.
Also it’s pretty much the ONLY way I’ll use up leftover chicken.
Leftover chicken = Best problem ever. 😉
Dinner tonight = Solved. Because this soup literally whips in less than 30 minutes.
HellOOO comfort city. 😀 (wowzers, I’m going cray with the emoticons today…)
I’ve been waiting MONTHS for you…(read: all spring/summer)
This soup, guys. It’s nostalgic, classic flavor is just unbeatable.—I couldn’t imagine a more perfect chilly-fall-evening dinner if I tried.—Pure comfort in a bowl.
Oh, and don’t forget to serve this soup with warm-from-the-oven bread. Extra carbs? Always a must. 🙂 It will complete your Sunday dinner.
Yep. This is definitely better than anything. 😀
Better-Than-Anything Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3 cups sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups diced celery
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 8 oz spiral pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, saute carrots, celery, onion, and garlic in oil until vegetables are just tender. Reduce heat to medium and stir in broth and cream.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour with milk and add to vegetable mixture along with cooked chicken. Bring soup to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in pasta and let soup simmer until pasta is al dente. Stir in parsley and season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and serve warm.