Kids are guaranteed to go nuts over these bite-sized pancake parfaits! The mini peanut butter pancakes are perfectly soft inside and oozing with a classic peanut butter/jelly filling.
Truth: The only thing better than a tall stack of warm pancakes at breakfast time is an even taller stack of MINI pancakes.
Piled even higher still into a parfait with a dreamy filling. And on a stick. Pancakes on a stick. Say WHAAA?!
Because it’s a well known fact that mini food tastes better. These pancakes have that ADORBS-factor that even the most cold-hearted person will melt at.
And shove their faces with, no doubt.
Remember when I teased you on IG nearly 2 weeks ago? This is the finished and well-worth-the-wait result.
Oh, oh! And oozing with every American kid’s favorite combo in the world—PBJ-lovers UNITE!
I speak the truth too: The kiddos in this house went totally nuts-o over these parfaits. Rachel even told me that she doesn’t like “mommy and daddy pancakes” anymore and from now on is only going to eat “baby pancakes.”
I raised my little sis right. 😀
These pancake parfaits are particularly perfect. (say that 10x fast) The pancakes themselves, are unbe-LIEVABLY soft and fluffy inside and bursting with peanut butter flavor.
And the filling? Peanut butter and jelly spread thickly between layer after perfect layer of mini pancakes.
Going, going, GONE is my entire supply of self-control.
I like to assemble these parfaits pretty much immediately after the pancakes are off the griddle. The hot pancakes will slightly melt the PBJ filling and make it all warm and gooey ♥…..oh good gosh, yes. 😀
And let’s just get something straight here: All of this mushy-gushy love poetry is coming from a former-PBJ hater AND pancake despiser.
Any normal person who has loved PBJs and pancakes all their lives….watch out. You’re probably gonna hit the floor when you take that first taste.
Any of you who DON’T pass out from joy are at a greater risk for consuming the entire batch of these parfaits by yourself—Just a friendly forewarning.
This is PBJ pancake paradise, peeps. ♥
PBJ Mini-Pancake Parfaits
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- Peanut butter and jelly for filling
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate medium bowl, whisk egg, peanut butter, and milk until smooth. Fold flour mixture into liquid, gently stirring until just combined.
- In a large greased skillet over medium heat, cook pancakes in batches of 3. Drop batter by the tablespoon onto hot skillet and cook on each side 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, flipping once. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Divide pancakes into portions of three. Make a parfait by filling each pancake with peanut butter and jelly, repeat layers with another pancake, ending with a 3-layered parfait.
- Pancake parfaits are best if served warm.
Psssssst..your kids will love you forever if you make these pancakes for weekend breakfast tomorrow. Or for breakfast-for-dinner tonight?? DO IT.