Indulge in a creamy, flavorful, and oh-so-comforting classic pasta alfredo without all the calories with this skinny version featuring cauliflower! NO cream or butter in this cozy pasta!
Today is the day…..that I tell you one of my most juicy confessions.
Lame-o confession? Not even that big of a surprise to you?
Oh, yeah. I forgot I already had like 2-million cauli recipes on the blog. I think I gave myself away….
How much do I love thee, cauliflower? Let me count the ways….
Here’s the deal, guys: I am freaking OBSESSED with this carby-cauliflower goodness I’m shoving in your face today.
Read: I’m wishing it was MY face getting the carb-shoving right now, but then again, it is only 7am…
Why am I freaking out right now? Oh, no reason. It’s only because the answer to ALL your prayers is staring you in the face right now.
Lite-rally in my face at the moment. I just couldn’t hold off any longer….
Send help and fat pants. And more heads of cauliflower—I’m running on E.
Sooo let’s talk. Are you on board with a skinny, totally butter-less and cream-less, so-so-easy, so dang-rich-and-creamy-I-die alfredo pasta?
Sayyessayyes ’cause I neeeeeeed to know.
Awesome. Now that’s in my head all day.
This is a veeeery sneaky ninja alfredo sauce we’ve got here, my friends….
Ninja Alfredo. I like that a lot. 🙂
What makes it so sneaky and ninja-like? IT’S MOSTLY CAULIFLOWER. Sure, there’s a few seasonings and a splash of milk, but for the most part, you’re looking at the white stuff.
Secret revealed. You now know the answer to life.
So smooth. So creamy. So rich. And not at all cauliflower-y tasting.
Don’t forget, this is a NINJA sauce.
I kinda wanna put that gorgeous sauce in a glass and just grab a straw. THATGOOD.
Don’t judge me. I’m not weird. I’m just in love and I’ve heard that love can do some preeeeeetty strange things to a girl.
If drinking this sauce is a liiiiiitle on the unorthodox side of things for ‘ya, let’s take this one step further and throw some carb-y wonder into the mix.
That’s Sarah-speak for pasta.
Oh. My. Gah.
The creamy-ness. The richness. The level of cauliflower PERFECTION. ♥♥♥
Off the charts on the Yum-O Meter.
Wheeeeeeew…don’t mind me. I’m just trying to get my heart beating normally again. I think it skipped a few beats back there….
This alfredo pasta cures all things. Heartbreak. Disappointment. Loneliness. That case of the Tuesdays….
I’m currently experiencing all these symptoms since I just finished inhaling the last of this carby perfection.
More. I need MORE!
Easy Creamy Cauliflower Pasta Alfredo
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium head cauliflower cut into florets (about 6-7 cups)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb penne pasta cooked according to package directions
- Minced fresh parsley for garnishing optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, saute garlic in oil until fragrant and lightly golden. (do not burn) Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot, then stir in cauliflower florets. Stir occasionally until cauliflower is very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Scoop cauliflower florets out of boiling water and place in a blender. Reserve 1 cup cooking water and add to blender with milk, salt, and pepper. Blend mixture on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Stir warm cauliflower sauce into cooked pasta and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Recipe slightly adapted from Pinch of Yum.
P.S. Sorry for the overload of photos hitting your face today. I’m crushing here.♥
But, really? You need this. The end.