Homemade chicken curry has never been simpler with this foolproof recipe that cooks up in only 30 minutes.—SO much flavor loaded into this comforting, veggie-filled curry!
I did something pretty awesome 3 times this past week.— I made the best chicken curry in the universe.
And then I ate said chicken curry two times in one day.
And loved every.split.second.of.it.
All this curry-craze began a few weeks ago when I got this extremely random, but VERY serious craving for some chicken curry. A bad craving, guys. I wanted it and I wanted it NOW!
It did happen to be only 9am at the time, so I had to suffer through this craving the entire day until dinnertime rolled around.
Longest day of my life for sure. THE HOURS THEY CRAWLED.
And then….magical curry things happened…
And then I pretty much died a peaceful, curry-filled death and went to chicken-curry heaven.
Eeeep! I’minlove, I’minlove, I’minlove.
I’m going to take this opportunity to tell you something pretty miraculous: IT GOT WARM HERE! I’m serious! We actually got above 60º yesterday! I totally pulled out my flip-flops and sunblock and went outside to the lawnchair to soak up every second of this mini-miracle.
Of course, knowing Wisconsin, I’ll probably be back under my pile of 12 fuzzy blankets by the end of this week, but that’s okay because I’m hopping on a plane for FLORIDA tomorrow! Too bad for you poor, unfortunate souls I’m leaving behind in this tundra we call Wisconsin. I feel your pain except not really.
Hee-hee, ha-ha, ho-ho.
Sorry, I know I’m gloating and I guess that’s not really nice of me.
Getting back to this curry-business we somehow strayed from. Guys, I’m serious. This curry is the real deal. It’s super-creamy, loaded with tender chicken and a ton of veggies, and seriously SO full of flavor you might just want to consider eating the whole dang thing straight from the pan.
I’m definitely not above taking on that challenge, but my FAV way to enjoy this curry is just the good ‘ol fashioned way with piping-hot rice in an extra-large bowl. With an extra-large fork and with my extra-large fat pants on.
They’re so pretty once they’re all assembled they practically hurt my eyes.
They don’t stay pretty for long though, believe me. 😉
Oh, and just in case you needed any extra convincing….Uh, check out that title, guys. Do you see those two magical little words? It’s called THIRTY-MINUTE. A dinner game-changer and a deal-breaker if I ever saw one.
This right here, my friends, is a bowlful of flawless chicken curry perfection. Your life is incomplete until you try this.
Hint, hint. TRY IT TONIGHT. Or now. There’s no time like the present and those curry-cravings are SERIOUS business.
Life = Complete.
Belly = Full.
Tastebuds = Needing more. MORE.
30-Minute Chicken Veggie Curry
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1/2 in cubes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Hot rice for serving
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering then add chicken, onion, and garlic to skillet. Stir occasionally until chicken is cooked, about 7 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots to skillet and cook 5 minutes until veggies are golden.
- Stir in tomato paste, ginger, seasonings, chicken broth,and coconut milk until combined. Reduce heat to medium-low and let curry simmer until slightly thickened and veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove curry from heat and season with salt and pepper and stir in lime juice. Serve curry warm with hot rice.
More droolworthy curry from my blogging friends!