Loaded with summer veggies and silky tofu in a creamy coconut sauce, this Thai green curry tofu is incredible served over a hot bowl of rice and the perfect way to use up extra veggies.
Nothing beats a skillet summer dinner that lets you use up all that glorious summer produce!
This colorful beauty is packed to capacity with tender veggies and soft tofu cubes in the most incredible green curry sauce you will ever taste.
It’s one dream of a weeknight dinner and the leftovers are even better! Don’t count on ’em though.
You won’t even be missing the meat whatsoever here today since this curry is loaded with so much hearty veggie goodness and plenty of tofu.
If you’re a curry lover, let’s just say this skillet was made for you.
This Thai Green Curry Tofu features…
- Tender zucchini and sweet pepper
- Fresh sweet corn
- Soft tofu cubes
- A flavorful coconut green curry sauce
Making the Thai Green Curry Tofu
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Sweet corn
- Yellow onion
- Sweet pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Green curry paste
- Baby spinach
- Agave nectar
- Soy sauce
- Coconut milk
How to Prepare Tofu
You will need 12 oz extra-firm tofu for this recipe. We find that extra-firm holds its shape very well being seared and then simmered in the sauce.
Since this tofu is going in a sauce, there’s no need to press the tofu like is usually the case. Simply pat the tofu dry with paper towels and cut into 1-in cubes.
Heat a little vegetable oil in a pan and sear tofu several minutes, turning occasionally until a light golden brown.
Tips for Perfect Green Curry Tofu
- Boil corn – let the corn cook 3-5 minutes in boiling water until a bright yellow. Allow to cool, then remove kernels from cobs.
- Sauté vegetables – cook the zucchini, sweet pepper, and onion together until crisp-tender.
- Use fresh garlic and ginger – this makes such a difference flavor-wise!
- Simmer curry – allow the curry to simmer 10-15 minutes in order to build flavor into the sauce.
- Add tofu at end of cooking – Adding the tofu after curry has simmered helps the tofu keep its shape.
- Use fresh herbs – fresh cilantro and basil are key here for one last little burst of flavor!
This curry is a blank canvas for may variations! Try these ideas out…
- Try different veggies – summer squash, mushrooms, carrots, or green beans would be great additions/substitutes in this curry.
- Add meat – diced chicken would be great sautéed with the vegetables.
- Use a different curry paste – yellow or red curry paste will significantly change the flavor profile of this curry, but it will still be delicious!
How to Serve Curry
We recommend serving curry over steamed jasmine, basmati, or brown rice with fresh lime wedges and cilantro for topping.
For a low-carb version, this curry is also amazing served over quinoa or cauliflower rice!
It’s the green curry sauce that just seals the entire deal on this skillet, y’all. It’s so incredibly creamy, perfectly flavor balanced, and heavenly coating every inch of the vegetables and tofu.
Guarantee you’re going to want this on repeat all summer!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
More incredible curry recipes to try next!
- Harissa Chickpea Butternut Squash Curry
- Charred Sweet Corn Zucchini Curry
- Red Thai Coconut Sweet Potato Curry
Thai Green Curry Tofu with Sweet Corn
- 2 ears sweet corn, husk and silk removed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 block (12 oz) extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved widthwise and cut into 1/4-in thick half moons
- 1 medium sweet pepper, diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 cup firmly-packed baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 can (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving and lime wedges for squeezing over top
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil over high heat. Add corn and boil 3-5 minutes until corn is a bright yellow. Allow corn to cool, then remove kernels from cobs and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once heated, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and swirl to coat pan. Add tofu and sear on all sides, turning occasionally until tofu is golden brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Place remaining oil in same pan and set over medium-high heat. Add onion, zucchini, and sweet pepper to pan and cook 5-8 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add ginger, garlic, and curry paste to skillet and cook 1-2 additional minutes until fragrant.
- Add corn kernels, coconut milk, agave, and soy sauce to skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Remove curry from heat and add tofu, basil, and cilantro. Season curry with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm over rice with lime wedges for squeezing over top. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply