Charred sweet corn and tender zucchini simmers in a flavorful coconut curry sauce and is incredible served over fluffy rice. This sweet corn zucchini curry is a great way to use up summer vegetables!
Meet your new favorite curry of the summer! There’s no meat in sight here today, but a whoooole lot of summer goodness came out to play.
We’ve got oodles of charred sweet corn and tender zucchini chunks hanging out in the most incredible creamy coconut curry sauce that just tastes like all the best parts of summer.
Comfort food usually isn’t associated with summer food, but this curry definitely falls under that category.
It’s hot, cozy, and just thing to curl up with a bowl of on a rainy day.
And we aren’t fooling around in the flavor department today since this curry is absolutely brimming with spicy, savory flavors.
All pulled together in only an hour and makes a big panful so don’t even get me started on how strong your leftovers game is about to be.
This Sweet Corn Zucchini Curry features…
- Smoky charred sweet corn.
- Tender zucchini cubes.
- A flavorful coconut curry sauce.
- No meat included, but still incredibly hearty.
Making the Charred Corn Zucchini Curry
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- Sweet corn
- Curry paste
- Cayenne pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Tomato paste
- Crushed tomatoes
- Coconut milk
- Lime juice
How to Serve Curry
We love this curry served over a heaping bowl of steamed basmati rice and topped with fresh cilantro and lime wedges for squeezing over top.
More ways you can enjoy this curry include with steamed quinoa, cauliflower rice, jasmine rice, or brown rice.
Tips for Perfect Curry
- Grill the corn – if you don’t have a grill, you can cook corn in a cast iron pan on the stovetop, but if you are able, we highly recommend utilizing the grill as it gets an incredible smoky flavor into the corn.
- Cut zucchini in 1-inch chunks – the zucchini gets both sauteed and simmered in the curry, so big 1-inch chunks are the perfect size to prevent zucchini from getting overcooked.
- Use curry paste – curry paste has a lot of additional ingredients in it that add so much flavor to homemade curries (we recommend red curry paste for this recipe)
- Simmer curry – once all the ingredients are added, allow the curry to simmer 15-20 minutes to allow the flavors to develop.
Make Ahead Instructions
Most of this recipe can be prepared ahead of time if you need dinner ready in a hurry!
- Follow recipe instructions for grilling, cooling, and removing corn from cobs then store corn in refrigerator up to 4 days.
- Chop zucchini, onion, and garlic and store in refrigerator up to 4 days in advance.
- When ready to assemble curry, proceed with recipe per instructions and it will be ready in under 30 minutes!
Storing and Reheating Curry
This curry stores well in the refrigerator up to 6 days (for best results, store separately from rice)
To reheat curry, heat to 165F in a saucepan or microwave 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
For freezing curry, allow to cool completely then place in a container, making sure to leave at least an inch of space at the top, and freeze up to 2 months.
To reheat from frozen, allow curry to thaw completely in refrigerator, then reheat on either stovetop or in microwave.
Legitimately summer in a skillet right here, guys. The sweetness from the charred corn, the tender zucchini, and the incredibly flavorful coconut curry sauce is just heaven in a pan.
Put this curry on repeat all summer long and I promise you won’t regret it!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Try these other vegetarian summer recipes next!
Charred Sweet Corn Zucchini Coconut Curry
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 6 ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 medium zucchini, diced into 1-in pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice, fresh cilantro, and limes for serving
- Brush corn with 2 tablespoons vegetable oil and grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until corn is slightly charred. Let cool several minutes then remove corn from cobs and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil until shimmery. Add zucchini and onion and saute several minutes until slightly softened. Add garlic, curry paste, turmeric, and cayenne and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomato paste, charred corn, crushed tomatoes, and coconut milk stirring until combined. Bring curry to a low simmer over medium heat, then reduce heat to low and let simmer 15-20 minutes to develop flavors.
- Season curry with salt and pepper to taste. Serve curry hot over rice with cilantro and fresh lime juice over top and enjoy!
This recipe was updated with new photos and recipe tips on 5/26/22.