Charred sweet corn and tender zucchini cubes in an INSANELY flavorful coconut curry sauce piled over fluffy rice make this zucchini coconut curry one for the summer books!
I don’t know about you but the first day post-vacay/4th of July weekend has me reaching for ALL the veggies I can get my hands on.
And if that just so happens to involve a zucchini coconut curry? ALL. IN. This Monday thing ain’t so bad.
Ayyyyyy, nary a bit of meat in sight either here today! Seriously, I know that sounds weird when we’re talking about a curry but there is NO missing it at all here, for real!
It passed the boyfriend test with flying colors. Jason said it didn’t even need meat and trust me: those words are rarely spoken about anything.
There’s no special tricks or secrets to building the flavor base to this charred corn zucchini coconut curry, friends. All you really need are a) a few garden-fresh veggies b) a huge array of spices c) coconut milk.
Keeping it BASIC today, guys. Mondays require that in the dinner department –> first up is charring our corn which is 1000% necessary because FLAVORS.
Next up is sauteing the zucchini then starting to build the sauce with spices, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut milk, and a little fresh cilantro. It’s just basic curry flavors but trust me: your mind will be BLOWN with how well they work with the sweet corn and tender zucchini. It’s pretty much insanity.
Also pretty is insane is how big you’re gonna wanna make your rice mountain to hold all this said goodness. >>>
Legitimately summer in a skillet right up there, guys. COMFORT FOOD style which always wins.
All summer. This zucchini coconut curry on repeat all.freaking.summer. You won’t want it any other way.
Charred Sweet Corn Zucchini Coconut Curry
- 6 ears sweet corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 medium zucchini, diced into 2-in pieces
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz) coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hot rice for serving
- Brush corn with melted butter and grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until corn is slightly charred. Let cool several minutes then remove corn from cobs and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmery. Add zucchini and onion and saute several minutes until just barely softened. Add garlic, curry powder, turmeric, and cayenne and saute 1 additional minute.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomato paste until smooth. Slowly add crushed tomatoes and coconut milk, stirring until combined. Add corn. Bring curry to a low simmer over medium heat then reduce heat to low and let simmer 15 minutes.
- Add cilantro to curry and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve curry hot over rice and enjoy!