Loaded with tender white beans and roasted red peppers in a flavorful miso dressing, this white bean salad is the perfect salad side dish for any gathering!
Let’s talk about why this bean salad is going to make an appearance at every single cookout you attend this summer.
For one thing, it’s the easiest thing ever to pull off. I’m talking handful of ingredients, 5 minutes to prep, DONE.
The other thing is that it’s so freaking incredible and tastes like everything you love about summer in a humble lil salad.
This is just one of those salads you’ll find yourself eating straight from the bowl with a spoon. It’s that good.
If you’re looking for a way to shake up your usual summer salads game, look no further!
This White Bean Salad features…
- Tender white beans and roasted red peppers
- Tons of herby goodness from fresh basil and mint
- A rich, flavorful miso dressing
Making the White Bean Salad
(scroll down to the bottom of post for the full recipe)
Ingredients You Will Need
- White beans
- Roasted red peppers
- Red onion
- Vegetable or canola oil
- Rice wine vinegar
- Soy sauce
Tips for Perfect White Bean Salad
- Drain and rinse beans – drain the beans well in a colander then rinse with lots of cold water, tossing until the beans are completely drained.
- Use fresh herbs – we use a combo of fresh basil and mint, but you can swap out the herbs to suit your preference! Parsley, oregano, or chives would be a great herby element to this salad.
- Use white miso – we recommend a light, sweet miso to keep the flavors of this salad nicely balanced.
- Marinate salad – allow the salad to marinate in the fridge at least one hour for the best flavors.
What to Serve with Salad
This salad makes a fantastic side to any grilled meat and travels extremely well too.
We love serving this salad alongside the typical pasta and potato salad at cookouts – it’s a nice light change from the typical heavy cookout side dishes.
If you’re looking to enjoy this salad as a meal, you can pile it over greens or even in a wrap for a quick and healthy lunch.
Make Ahead Instructions
This salad can be made completely ahead and stored in the fridge up to 4 days. A good rule of thumb with marinated salads is at least an hour of marinade time or overnight if you’ve got the time!
It’s a humble little salad, but flavor-wise, this bean salad DEFINITELY takes the grand prize! It’s bursting with herby flavors, perfectly light, yet filling at the same time.
Add this one to your arsenal of summer salad recipes and I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Save this recipe using the ‘save to recipe box’ button below. If you make it, please let us know! Leave a comment + star rating below, or take a photo and tag it on Instagram with #wholeandheavenlyoven.
Watch this salad made step-by-step on Google web stories!
More easy summer salads for you to try next!
White Bean Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Miso Dressing
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cans (15 oz each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and peppers cut into 1/2-in cubes
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lightly-packed minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large serving bowl, combine beans, roasted red peppers, onion, basil, and mint. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, whisk miso, rice wine vinegar, honey and soy sauce until smooth. Slowly drizzle in oil, whisking constantly until dressing is smooth. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Season salad with salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate before serving. Enjoy!