Now you don’t have to miss out on the fun of Girl Scout cookie season with this allergy-friendly version of Thin Mints! Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, and totally addicting!
‘Tis the season of Girl Scout cookies. ‘Tis the season to buy box after box of said Girl Scout cookies.
….and ultimately ’tis the season to eat box after box after box of cookies. And one more box because the first 3 boxes definitely didn’t count.
I no longer fall into ANY of these temptations and do you want to know why? BECAUSE I CAN MAKE ‘EM MYSELF. And eat all of them. By myself.
Because I’m the cook around here and I called first dibs.
DIBS ON ALL THE HOMEMADE HEALTHY THIN MINTS, PEOPLE!
Sorry for freaking on you a little bit up there. My minty-mood is in full force today and I’m ready to take on ALL the thin mints.
Take them out to lunch perhaps? Little do they know they could very well end up BEING lunch.
It’s happened to everyone, guys, admit it. Even the best of us can’t resist the call of the Thin Mints around the noon-ish hour.
So shall we talk HEALTHY thin mints? Yep, they do exist. Today’s take on thin mints just so happen to be gluten-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, and 100% incredible.
Even to the point of being dangerous….
Eat 5. Or 10. Or just eat the whole batch before the kids find out they even existed.
Story of my life right there. *guiltyyyyyy*
These cookies are a dead-ringer for the real thing, guys. Crispy and covered with chocolate on the outside, and soft and loaded with peppermint flavor on the inside.
And a double-delight of peppermint to boot. Both in the actual cookie and in the chocolate coating. No shortage of minty goodness going on here!
And as always, I’m a little bit obsessed with how stinkin’ ADORBS they are! They scream, eat me! I’m cute and adorable and delish!
I shall not ignore.
As you can probably imagine, the kiddos went completely CRAY over these minty delights. What kid wouldn’t?? This kid right here is kinda crushing on these. So.dang.good.my.gosh.
My mom? Thin mints are her favorite kind of cookie so she gave me the coveted “world’s best daughter” award when she found out I made her paleo thin mints. She also didn’t want to share them with anyone, which I completely agreed with sooooo….
…we kinda hoarded them to ourselves. The Mother-Daughter Thin Mint Duo. That’s us.
You’ve gotta try these cookies, guys! It would make St. Paddy’s day tomorrow absolutely complete.
The leaning tower of Thin Mints. Your life = complete.
ALL THE YES.
Homemade Paleo Thin Mints
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1-1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Prepare the cookies: Place flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and sugar in a food processor and pulse several times until combined. Pulse in melted oil, egg, and peppermint until mixture forms a ball of dough (dough will be slightly sticky) Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once dough is chilled, remove from freezer and place on a floured surface. Roll dough out to 1/4-in thickness and use a 3-in biscuit cutter to cut out cookie rounds. Place cookies on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake cookies at 350F 9-10 minutes or until edges just start to brown. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Prepare the coating: Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan and slowly melt over medium-low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in peppermint extract. One at a time, dip cooled cookies in melted chocolate and coat both sides. Place cookies on wax paper and freeze cookies 15-20 minutes or until chocolate coating is set. Store cookies in freezer until ready to eat.
But really, you know you want these. ♥