This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, however all opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
This stunning french toast is a mocha-lover’s dream! Hot off the griddle and served with a sweet mashed strawberry sauce, it’s perfect for a simple weekend brunch.
Calling all coffee addicts. You are looking at your new favorite breakfast in the universe.
Calling all chocoholics. You better come over here too.
But that’s every single person right? That goes without saying.
Really, though. I am freaking out over this french toast. ALL MY FAVORITE THINGS.
All of everybody’s favorite things. Who doesn’t love coffee, chocolate, and strawberries all wrapped up in a big ‘ol stack of french toast?
Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!
This french toast was born out of the fact that I have been wanting to try a coffee-flavored french toast, oh, only since like the beginning of time. It finally happened because I was loooong overdue to make french toast.
Like a looooooong time overdue.
Chocolate somehow got pulled into the party too, because that freshly-brewed coffee started whispering to me that chocolate was his BFF and needed to join us.
Good life advice, Coffee. You should seriously start an advice column.
Example: Dear Coffee: I have an unyielding, impractical crush on a certain breakfast item called mocha french toast. How do stop myself from craving this all the time?
I haven’t gotten an answer out of him on that one yet, but I’ll let you know when I do.
So in order to have the deeply-flavored coffee flavor in this french toast, we’d better have a dang-good type of coffee. Lucky for you guys, I have just the suggestion for you: Kraft McCafé Coffee. Otherwise known as my non-morning-person self’s new best friend.
Seriously guys, this coffee is pure perfection. Super-strong, premium high-quality with a deep, rich coffee flavor that I cannot even get enough of. Kraft McCafé coffee will start any morning off on the right foot. It’s available for your morning pleasure at Walmart!
You should know by now that I am by NO means a morning person, so I may be living proof of that.
And obviously in this french toast’s case: The best freshly-brewed coffee = Best flavors. Best french toast.
This stack of french toast is stupidly easy, utterly pretty, and MEGA-delish. Seriously, the flavor combos will knock your tastebuds right off and you’ll have to pick them up off the floor.
The gorgeousness of this huge stack? Avert your eyes please, before it’s beauty blinds you.
And the level of ease involved here? Seriously so simple your 5-year old kid could make you this for breakfast-in-bread.
Hint-hint, kids. Mother’s Day is in only a few short months.
My siblings were a little suspicious at first when they saw me flipping this french toast on the griddle. Rachel was like, Why is the french toast brown??!
To which I calmly replied the magic word. Chocolate.
Ohhhhh…can I have some NOW?! Why of course, my darling. Do you take your mocha french toast with cream and sugar?
Ha-ha-ha. She was a little confused at that wisecrack.
No, really though. I think I’ll just take this french toast with a dynamite mashed strawberry sauce.
Because it’s practically summer and strawberries are a match made in heaven with coffee + chocolate.♥
Plus it takes like 0.3498 seconds to whip up this no-cook strawberry sauce and the sweet, juicy berry goodness goes simply perfect with just about anything.
You could also just grab a spoon if you’re in one of those eat-all-the-berries kinda moods.
Oh, and don’t forget to grab that XL cup of coffee to go with your coffee french toast.
Double the coffee = Double your morning mood. Always a good thing.
Again, living proof right here.—I am a legit ball of cheerful sunshine on those days when I am both eating AND drinking caffeine at the same time for breakfast.
I really couldn’t think of a better way to start a Monday. ♥
Mocha French Toast with Smashed Strawberry Sauce
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons xylitol or sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strong-brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices day-old bread
- Prepare the strawberry sauce: Place 1 cup sliced strawberries in a large bowl and mash thoroughly. Stir in remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries, xylitol (or sugar) and vanilla until combined. Let strawberry sauce sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the french toast: Place milk and chocolate chips in a small saucepan and slowly melt over medium-low heat until mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs, coffee, and vanilla until smooth. Quickly whisk in melted chocolate mixture until combined.
- Heat a nonstick skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Working in batches, dip both sides of bread in egg mixture then place on hot skillet. Cook french toast on each side 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until golden. Remove to a serving plate and repeat step 4 with remaining bread and egg mixture.
- Serve french toast hot with smashed strawberry sauce.