This pretty arugula summer salad is loaded to the max with sweet grilled peach wedges, juicy cherries and the most amazing raspberry balsamic dressing ever!
Salad Monday!! It’s back again because summer means salad by the TON and you know you love it. Also, it’s almost July. And I am all like eeeeeeeeeek!! over that insanity.
Today is also a salad day because as much as I hate to admit it, graduation parties with taco bars and all-you-can-eat dessert tables are just no good for the waistline.
But hey, it was MY party so I’m just gonna go out on a limb here and say that calories totally didn’t count for me. Everyone else? Sorry, guys. Here, have some salad while I binge on party leftovers.
Soooo yeah. The party. It was pretty much a success. The food was awesome and hanging out with the friends and fam was even awesome-er. The weather even cooperated even though they were predicting storms for the afternoon. *fist pump*
I will say though, that I’m kinda glad that we’re past all that crazy party prep. Seriously, that kind of stuff stresses me out SO much and I’m looking forward to the rest of a semi-relaxed summer before I start school at the end of August.
My mom declared that needs a little vacation now that the party’s over and I kinda agree with her.
I choose to vacation into this salad and seriously never come out.
Friends and fellow salad-oholics, I am completely hooked on the following things all piled on my plate: Buttery grilled peaches. Juicy fresh cherries. Fresh, pepper-y arugula. Sweet ‘n’ tangy homemade raspberry balsamic dressing dumped on by the gallon.
Completely hooked and planning a serious faceplant in 3….2…1….
So this salad was born out of the somewhat-embarrassing truth that both my fridges are loaded with summer produce. I’m talking fruits, veggies, berries-by-the-billion, ALL THE WORKS, guys. And I like it that way.
And I want to load all this summer goodness in ALL THE THINGS. Especially in the salad category.
Those juicy fresh peaches on the counter were dying to be grilled. They told me so, so onto the grill they went. And then they got married with uber-sweet fresh cherries on a nice bed of gorgeous arugula.
Then all this fruit + FRUIT insanity got a legit downpour of tangy fresh-raspberry balsamic vinaigrette. Seriously, a DOWNPOUR. It’s the only way to go with something as awesome and finger-lickin’ as this liquid gold is. ♥
I’m not going to say much more now other than the fact that this is summer’s FINEST all in one big gorgeous salad. And you need some in your life.
I do believe those dreaded Monday blues just got swallowed up by a salad. 😉
Grilled Peach Arugula Salad with Raspberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 ripe but slightly firm peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 cup fresh cherries halved and pitted
- 5 cups fresh arugula
- RASPBERRY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons agave syrup or honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Brush peach halves with softened butter. Grill over medium-high heat 5-8 minutes, turning once until nicely charred on the outside. Transfer peaches to a cutting board and let cool slightly. Once cooled, slice into wedges. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cherries and arugula. Arrange grilled peach wedges over top and set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette. Place raspberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Let stand 5 minutes then mash thoroughly until smooth. Transfer mashed raspberry to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Add vinegar, oil, agave, and salt to jar and screw on lid. Shake thoroughly until smooth. Add a little more agave if the dressing is too tart.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to combine. Serve salad immediately.
So much fruit loooooooove. ♥