This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Piled high with summery California-style toppings and pesto, juicy grilled burger pieces and lots of cheese, this loaded pizza is perfect for lazy summer nights!
Because EVERYTHING is better California-style.
Including pizza loaded with truckloads of healthy goodness. And cheese sneakily hidden underneath all the healthy stuff because we’ve just gotta live a little bit because it’s almost the long-anticipated HOLIDAY weekend! Bring IT.
Also because obviously a cheese-less pizza equals a sad pizza. A sacrilegious pizza.
And we just don’t want either of those words in the same sentence as pizza. Eveeeeer.
Okay, so I’m kinda unleashing my wild side a little bit with this pizza today. There is a LOT of stuff going on.
And you really wouldn’t want it any other way, believe me. 😉
First off, the meat. We’re going to be using grilled ‘n’ chopped-up MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers on this pizza. Guys, do NOT let the suspicious title fool ‘ya: these burgers are heaven on on pizza. They’re so ultra-juicy and flavorful, plus BONUS: they make this pizza totally meatless which adds to the overall feeling of healthy-ish California-style eatin’ that I’m clearly obsessing over. ♥
P.S. if you’re looking for something fun to experiment, I’d recommend checking out the Veg of Allegiance from MorningStar Farms! I so want to try this.
But first I think is should finish stuffing my pizza with insanity.
i.e. the overload of Topping City. Welcome to my shrine.
Firstly, the pesto. A smooth, luscious, flavorful ricotta-green pesto taking the place of the red stuff. I may never use pizza sauce again.
Any fresh summer-style ingredients you fancy may be piled onto this pizza. I personally swoon over the combo of juicy fresh tomatoes, crisp arugula leaves, and sliced avocado.
Extra avocado because I have recently discovered that avocado + pizza = The YUM.
This pizza will blow your mind in pretty much the best way. It’s got a little bit of everything awesome plus healthy loaded into it and you really cannot ask any more of a pizza.
Except for another slice.
Because it’s healthy, obviously.
All hail California-style errrr’thing!
California-Style Cheeseburger Pesto Pizza
- Pizza crust dough for two 12 in pizzas
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh arugula
- 1 avocado sliced
- Roll pizza crust dough into 2 (12 in) circles on two parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Set aside.
- Place kale, basil, walnuts, and garlic in a food processor. With processor running, drizzle olive oil through top. Add ricotta cheese to mixture and pulse until smooth. Season pesto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean burgers over medium-high heat 10-15 minutes or until burgers register 165F. Let cool slightly then chop into 1/2-in pieces.
- Assemble the pizzas: Spread pesto-ricotta evenly over prepared crusts. Sprinkle with cheese and top with diced burger pieces.
- Bake pizzas at 425F 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle each pizza evenly with chopped tomatoes, arugula and sliced avocado. Cut pizzas into wedges and serve immediately.
Be sure to check out this coupon for saving 20% on all MorningStar Farms products!
Then go stuff your face with more Cali-pizza. Because tomorrow is FRIDAY!