Swirled with a juicy strawberry sauce and loaded with lots of chocolate chip pieces, this creamy, luscious ice cream is going to quickly become a family favorite this summer!
Ice cream for daaaaays. Two days in a row and a’countin.
Strawberry Swirl Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar, divided
- 6 egg yolks lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or coarsely chopped chocolate
- In a large saucepan, whisk milk, cream, and 3/4 cup sugar. Stir occasionally over medium heat until steaming. Whisk a little bit of hot milk mixture into beaten egg yolks and rapidly whisk. Repeat beating a little bit of milk into egg yolks twice.
- Return all of egg yolk mixture to pan and continue stirring occasionally over medium heat until mixture is just barely simmering. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract. Cool slightly then refrigerate ice cream base until completely chilled.
- Churn ice cream base in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions.
- While ice cream churns, place sliced strawberries in a small bowl and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. Let stand 5 minutes or until strawberries release their juices. Mash strawberries thoroughly.
- During last 5 minutes of churning, add strawberry sauce and chocolate chips into ice cream. Continue churning until ice cream is solid but still soft. Scrape ice cream into a 3-qt container and freeze until solid 4-5 hours. Once ice cream is solid, scoop and enjoy!
Air-mail me a scoop? I promise I won’t care if it melts on the way over. ♥