Jam-packed with all kinds of heart-healthy goodness, sneaky zucchini, and tons of gooey chocolate, these soft ‘n’ chewy breakfast cookies are the best way to start the day!
Okaaaay the Z bender has officially gotten completely out of control.
Healthy Zucchini Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium ripe banana mashed
- 1/4 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, beat mashed banana, butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Fold flour mixture into liquid with shredded zucchini, walnuts, and chocolate chips until mixture forms a dough. (dough will be slightly sticky)
- With floured hands, roll dough into 1-in balls and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake cookies at 350F 13-14 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden (centers will still be slightly soft) Cool cookies on baking sheet 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy with a glass of milk or hot coffee!