Slow-roasted for hours in plenty of herbs and garlic, this tomato sauce packs in the absolute BEST flavors of summer! — It’s awesome on top of pasta and freezes wonderfully.
Herb-Roasted Summer Tomato Sauce
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 20-25 medium heirloom tomatoes cored
- 1 medium head garlic peeled and separated into wedges
- 1/4 cup each minced fresh basil oregano, and parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes cored side-up in a baking sheet. Arrange garlic and herbs over tomatoes. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake tomatoes at 300F 2 to 3 hours or until tomatoes are completely soft and slightly bursting. Cool 20 minutes then puree tomatoes in batches in a high-speed blender until smooth. Transfer tomato sauce to jars and cool slightly before using or storing in refrigerator.