These dynamite pancakes combine all the things you love about banana bread and cinnamon rolls into one irresistible stack of pancakes.—You’ve just found a new weekend favorite!
Uh-huh. Three breakfasts all rolled into one. I so went there.
…and the general consensus is…NO regrets.
I mean, a stack as glorious as this could just hold zeroooo regrets. Except possibly the regret that a person didn’t eat MORE stacks.
Monday, peeps. It’s callin’ these pancakes by name. Never ignore the call of the pancakes.
I’ve made an executive decision that all weeks need to begin with extra-comforting-for-the-season, hug-yerself-HAPPY breakfast items such as this. —>
I must warn you though: Pancake freaks ONLY belong here. 😉
Real deal, 3-in-one breakfast kinda things going down. Ready, set, gooooooo!
We definitely need to chat about the banana bread part of these pancakes. Like, seriooooously guys! The texture is ultimately-soft and fluffy, inside is jammed with an insane amount of banana flavor…
…and on top…CINNAMON ROLL SWIRL joining the paaaaarty!
Yeah, this is totally real life, friends.
The cinnamon roll swirl is composed of three things: Melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon. All whisked up and swirled on top of the banana bread pancake batter while they cook. Yeah, TOTAL health food I know…
And then all of this already-crazy pancake bliss obviously gets dumped on by the Niagara Falls of maple syrup…
Heaaaaalthy-ness! I mean, the white whole wheat flour and tons banana goodness balances out the not-so-light stuff like cinnamon roll swirls, and such right??
As you can probably guess, it’s kinda all worth it in the end.
Like, these are totally 10-million dollar pricetag pancakes. Diets can wait til tomorrow. Or maybe next week? More pancakes are destined to happen before then anywaaayz, so you’re just delaying the inevitable.
Which is of course, MORE and more pancakes. Basically just until you’re all pancake-ed out.
That’s gonna be sometime NEVER, by the way. 😉
Just one more brief summary? Super soooooft banana bread + extra-fluffy buttermilk pancakes + gooey, sugary cinnamon swirl. Drowning in the syruuuuuup…
Oh my, yes, yes, yyyyyesss.
Pinch me, guys. I think I’m in the middle of an insane pancake dream. 😉
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread Pancakes
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- CINNAMON SWIRL:
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup for serving
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk mashed banana, oil, egg, and buttermilk until smooth. Gently fold flour mixture into liquid until just combined. Set batter aside for a moment, while you prepare the cinnamon swirl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all swirl ingredients until thick and smooth. Transfer mixture to a small ziplock bag. Seal and cut off one of the corners.
- Heat a greased nonstick skillet to medium-high heat. Drop prepared pancake batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot griddle. Carefully squeeze cinnamon swirl in a swirl shape on top of pancakes within 1/4-in of the edges. Flip pancakes and cook on opposite side 1-2 minutes or until golden. Repeat cooking procedure with remaining pancake batter and cinnamon swirl. Enjoy pancakes warm with plenty of maple syrup!
More pancakes for fuuuuunday Monday? Always. 😉