These super-soft and chewy gingerbread cookie bars are drizzled with plenty of white chocolate and absolutely melt in your mouth!
There is no stopping now, guys. Full steam ahead to the Land of Holiday Diet-Busters.
But, but! You HAVE to give me at least a liiiiiiittle credit because a lot of the recent treats around here have, in fact, been on the lighter side of the holiday eats spectrum. Kinda sorta.
P.S. Check back with tomorrow if you want to see living proof of that. #squuuueal.
For now though, we need to have a serious chat about these bars. And the awesome fact that I just took everything you love about time-consuming gingerbread cut-out cookies, jammed it all into one pan, covered it with white chocolate and called my job here DONE.
Just call me Ms. Gingerbread Whisperer.
So today’s post is in conjunction with a little project I totally look forward to participating in every year…the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap!
Otherwise known as the sole reason I’m buried in cookies up to my eyeballs. But, who’s complaining??
Not only is it super-fun receiving and obviously EATING tons of cookies from different bloggers all over the country, but it’s also an amazing cause that partners with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer every year. Because the only thing maaaaaybe better than eating a cookie is giving a cookie, right?
And that, friends is what you call a win-win kind of cookie deal. 😉
As sad as I was to part with 3 dozen of these cookie bars to send to 3 different food bloggers, there happened to be a simple solution to the problem that I totally fixed asap.
Uh, duh, Sarah! Make more, more, more!
You’d be surprised to know how quickly that translates into eat more, more, and MORE. I can’t help it! These bars are ultimately chewy just like a cookie, loaded with all the gingerbread flavors, and you KNOW I have an obsession with pretty little criss-crosses of white chocolate.
You guys get me. 😉
It’s almost embarrassing to admit how many of these bars I’ve demolished over the past week…like seriously, help. The addiction is freaking REAL.
And by help I mean just tell me that it’s A-OK to binge on gingerbread cookie bars. I don’t really need assistance in polishing off the remainder of batch #4 and a’countin. 😉
I mean, just look at you, you gorgeous little white chocolate-covered gingerbread cookie bar, you!
Come to me and meet my cup of coffee. We’ve both been waiting all year for you. 😉
Soft-Baked Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9x13 baking pan with foil and lightly grease. Set aside.
- Place sugar and butter in a medium bowl and with a handheld electric mixer, beat on medium speed until creamy. Beat in molasses, egg, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and spices to bowl and beat until a dough forms.
- With greased hands, pat dough into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake bars at 350F 20 minutes (middle will still seem soft and underdone---this is ok) Cool bars completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Once bars are cooled, use foil to remove from pan. Drizzle with melted white chocolate and slice into bars. Enjoy!
Let’s go to GINGERBREAD town! <3