Unbelievably creamy fettuccine that tastes like chicken pot pie in pasta form! Made in one pot and ready for the dinner table in only 35 minutes.
There are just not enough exclamation points in the entire English language to properly describe what insanity we’re doing to chicken pot pie today in the space of only one pot.
You might even recognize the plain facts by now that I clearly have a maniacal obsession with chicken pot pie all.the.things.
Don’t try to stop me because there is NO parting a girl away from her one comfort food love.
Okay, I have multiple cozy food loves right now, but never mind. Today is chicken pot pie, tomorrow it might be bread…later tonight it might be brownies…
Like I said, never mind. 🙂
So friends, what do you think? I’m fashionably late as always, but lookit’ that! I finally boarded the made-completely-and-totally-in-ONE-pot-and-one-pot-only pasta train.
My consensus on this particular subject is that there shall be no going back. We’re riding this train forever.
Before I forget, tell me: how are y’all liking the dinner series so far? Today is day TWO in the pantry staples series and I’m pumped because comfort food + carbs + basic ingredients + lighter on the calories, yo! = a very happily-ever after dinner, indeed.
Here’s how it goes down: The chicken and veggies get sauteed in your most heavy duty-est pot. Then in goes the flour, chicken broth, milk, and pasta. Let that cook happily away 25-ish minutes, stirring every so often, then come back and be astonished at the complete creamy pasta wizardry that has taken place before your very eyes.
Because really, magic is the only word that properly sums up this pot of gorgeousness.
How much more win can a Tuesday get, friends? Possibly even more if said one pot of dreamy pot pie goodness were to meet my fork.
Like my fork, straight into the pot and not employing the use of plates or my dignity.
You get me. 😀
One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie Fettuccine
- 1 lb chicken breasts diced into 1/2-in cubes
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 medium carrots diced 1/4-in thick
- 2 stalks celery small-diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 3 cups milk
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 lb dry fettuccine pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven or large saucepan, saute chicken, onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in olive oil over medium-high heat until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in flour until smooth, then slowly stir in milk, chicken broth, and parsley. Add dry fettuccine and bring mixture to a simmering, stirring to incorporate pasta underneath the liquid.
- Reduce heat to medium and keep pasta at a simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce begins to thicken and the pasta is tender and creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Remove pasta from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately!
Recipe slightly adapted from Spoonful of Flavor.
See more one-pot dinner lifesavers!