Perfect for a fancy brunch or just a lazy weekend breakfast, this spring veggie-loaded cheddar quiche is the ONLY way you’re going to want to eat your eggs!
Quiche for daaaaaaays…
Quiche all day and every.single.dang.day. That pretty much sums up how much I love this quiche, guys. Can I get an AMEN for asparagus? A woot woot for roasty red pepper? And a WHEE for cheese??
Also. I feel it’s only appropriate that we all give a WHAT for the fact that May is now upon us. Guys, it’s basically summer because this month always goes by sooooo fast. It’s crazy. Mother’s Day is next week…I wrap up my first year of school the week after…Memorial Day is a few weeks later…I swear this month is gonna FLY!
For now though…let’s try to be chill with QUICHE!!
So I need to confess something pretty ridiculous, y’all. I only JUST started loving quiche. Seriously! If you’d had asked me a few years ago if I would ever put a quiche recipe on my blog the answer would have been a flat heck noooooo.
I don’t even really know why I hated it either! Maybe because my mom made quiche a LOT when I was growing up and I just got tired of it? Either way, thank GOODNESS all that foolish thinking has passed. Because these days I’m totally quiche’s #1 fan.
Why, you may ask? Because…—>
Flaky buttery crust. √
Silky, custard-y egg filling. √
All the veggies humanly possible. √
Cheese smothering the whole thing. √
It just seems like a win-win kinda brunch deal to me, guys.
I use asparagus and roasted red pepper as my veggies in this particular quiche because the two compliment each other SO well along with the cheddar cheese on top. Plus they just look so festive. Ahhh, love it!
Howeveeeeeer, if you have a favorite veggie combo you like in your eggs, feel free to do some veggie swap-outs! Literally any and every kinda veggie goes here.
I tend to lean more heavily towards every veggie. Breakfast CHAMPS we are, guys!
PRO TIP: If you do plan on making this quiche for brunch on Mom’s Day next week, I would strongly suggest doubling the recipe to make two. It’s slightly concerning how fast slices disappear.
1 quiche for you. 1 quiche for everybody else. Sounds about right. ♥
Roasted Red Pepper Asparagus Cheddar Quiche
- Pie pastry for one 9-in pie
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh diced asparagus spears
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 red sweet pepper (roasted at 400F 30 minutes, seeded and finely diced)
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Roll out out pie pastry to fit a 9-in pie plate, transfer to pie plate and trim and crimp edges. Prick bottom of crust several times with a fork and bake pie crust at 400F 12-15 minutes or until a very light golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute asparagus and garlic in oil until until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in asparagus mixture and roasted red pepper. Pour filling into pre-baked crust and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake quiche at 375F 30-35 minutes or until filling is firm and crust is a light golden brown. Cool quiche 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve warm. Enjoy!
Need another stunning egg brunch choice? Try this toast!