These enchilada-style crepes will be the hit of your entire brunch table! My favorite crepe recipe stuffed with a cheesecake filling and tons of fresh strawberry sauce and bananas.—you won’t be able to stop eating them!
My obsession with crepes can be found under the category I affectionately call completely.and.totally.ridiculous.
Seriously. We are ALL about the crepes around here lately, guys. Last year around this time I first shared this keeper recipe and that is where it all began.
Needless to say, that innocent little crepe recipe went viral with over 100,000 pins on Pinterest and still continues to be the most popular recipe on my blog to this day. You guys are my crepe soulmates!!
Fast forward a year…last week I did the most unorthodox thing to crepes: I made ’em savory-style. BAM.
And fast forward just one week later to the present day which just so happens to be FRIDAY and also happens to be the day before Mother’s Day weekend…crepes are making yet another comeback.
This time they’re coming back stuffed with cheesecake. Covered in strawberry sauce/bananas. ENCHILADA-style, no less, guys.
This might be the best day ever, my crepe peeps. Just my unadultered opinion.
You seriously are not even going to believe how good these crepes are, guys. The actual crepes, of course, are pure perfection as they always are. Thin and lacy with just a hint of sweetness. So simple yet SO darn good.
Naturally, the cheesecake filling just completes an already perfect crepe. Sweet ‘n’ tangy with a subtle vanilla flavor. GAH.
But wait, there’s more! A simple macerated strawberry sauce + sliced bananas get shoved in amongst the cheesecake…
Everything gets rolled up all nice and perty.
Onto the serving tray le crepes go. More sauce and bananas on top…
‘Schmear or pipe any additional cheesecake filling you have around the sauce…
Powdered sugar over the whole shebang of crepe hopes and dreams…and the first part of our job here is DONE.
And now begins the best part. Which you KNOW involves a faceplant or twenty. You knew that was coming…it’s how we crepe peeps ROLL.
It’s just my guess, but I’m pretty sure you’re going to earn some MAJORLY HUGE brownie points with Mom this weekend when you make these crepes for her.
My brownie points are going to totally be off the charts come Sunday…I have big plans for one solid brunch table to be heaped higher than Mount Everest with these crepes.
You guys are my crepe soulmates. You get me.
Strawberry Banana Cheesecake Crepe Enchiladas
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- FILLING AND TOPPING:
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 bananas peeled and sliced
- Powdered sugar optional
- Make the crepes: In a blender, blend all crepe ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate batter 1 hour.
- Once batter is chilled, heat a lightly-greased nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook crepes by 1/3-cupfuls 1-2 minutes on each side until a light golden-brown, flipping once. Keep warm and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, agave, and vanilla on high speed until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash 1 cup strawberries. Stir in remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries and sprinkle sugar over top. Let berries stand 15 minutes until they release their juices. Stir sliced banana into sauce.
- Assemble the crepes: Divide filling between crepes and top with half of the strawberry sauce mixture. Roll crepes up and place on a serving plate. Spoon remaining sauce over top and sift powdered sugar on top if desired. Enjoy!
If you’ve got a thing for crepes…you MUST try them savory-style next time!!