Fresh pineapple gets grilled to sweet ‘n’ smoky perfection and then tossed with fresh kiwi, strawberries, and orange for one killer summer fruit salsa!—Don’t forget the cinnamon tortilla chips!
We need to have a serious discussion about the appetizer portion of the Fourth of July.
As in…this fruit salsa for example. It NEEDS not wants to be on your snacky-snack table this upcoming long holiday weekend. Preferably in jumbo-sized salsa bowls with a bajillion cinnamon tortilla chips nearby.
Seriously. Do not serve this fruit salsa any other way, y’all. UNLESS it’s on a spoon in the privacy of your coat closet.
Okay, let’s take a quick moment here to gab about something near and dear to my summer-lovin’ heart.
G-R-I-L-L-E-D pineapple, people. The one and only answer to world peace.
Haven’t hopped onboard that summer bandwagon yet? Grilled pineapple will take you there and back again in record time.
You probably wouldn’t thinking that rubbing fresh pineapple with coconut sugar and throwing it straight on the grill for a few minutes would have a huge impact of flavor but good gosh, you guys, the FLAVOR! The sweetness and tangyness goes up a TON while a subtle smoky flavor just brings us all the way home to summer heaven.
Is it even possible to make heaven heavenly-er? Because then strawberries, kiwi, and fresh orange join our salsa shindig.
With cinnamon-sugary tortilla chips, yo. Because spoons serve their duty here, but cinnamon chips are totally BAE.
This fruit salsa is just quite simply the bomb, guys. I literally can’t stop eating it, and to be honest, I don’t really ever want to.
Ever. Don’t even try to stop me.
Fourth of July appy-apps = NAILED. Do this thing.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries finely diced
- 2 fresh kiwis peeled and finely diced
- 1 navel orange peeled and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- CINNAMON SUGAR TORTILLA CHIPS:
- 3 flour tortillas each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Make the salsa: Slice the skin off the pineapple and remove center of pineapple. Cut pineapple in half and save one half for another use. Cut remaining pineapple into 3 planks and sprinkle each side with sugar. Grill pineapple over medium-high heat, turning once until pineapple is slightly charred on the outside, about 8 minutes. Cool pineapple then finely dice.
- Combine pineapple with strawberries, kiwi, orange, and lime juice. Refrigerate while you make the cinnamon chips.
- Make the chips: Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Brush wedges with butter, combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over tortillas. Bake tortillas at 400F 9-10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Serve fruit salsa with cinnamon chips. Enjoy!
Need more snacky inspiration? THIS. —>