This healthy veggie-loaded orzo skillet is a veggie-lover’s dream! Ready in less than 30 minutes and perfect for a quick summer weekday dinner or lunch!
Summery carbs just do a Monday right, guys.
They actually do my entire life right. Summer actually needs to slow the heck down so my life can continue being complete in every single little way.
Sidenote on that same topic: July is over halfway over, that’s completely crazy, I’m kinda sorta freaking out, and bringing better news around: it’s the third week of July so that means it’s time for another dinner series. Can you believe we’ve been doing all this dinner fun for 6 months now??
You’ll probably never guess what this month’s theme is, y’all. Seriously, neeeeeeever.
It’s farmers market dinners, guys. You SO did not even see that coming.
Mostly because I’m like the most subtle person ever regarding the topic of declaring my love for ALL the summer eats.
We obviously see proof of that today when I rather loudly tell you that this orzo skillet is EVERYTHING.
In other exciting news: my garden is slowly but surely starting to EXPLODE with all kinds of summer goodies. See charred cherry tomatoes. See beautiful zucchini ribbons.
Don’t see Sarah with her face in the entire pan.
We all know that easy-peasy dinners are just the name of the game when you’re living one of those go-go-GO summer lives like I always seem to do. But at the same time we still wanna chow down on all that summer bounty right? This orzo skillet is your summer savior.
Check it out y’all. It’s ready in under 30. Made in almost one pan, and an entire vegetarian meal-in-one. Although I will tell you that my chicken-cray self usually prefers this chicken on the side.
And obviously enough Parm on top to feed an army of one Sarah.
And that is how it’s down around here, guys.
So show of hands for who’s down with Monday NOW?
Charred Cherry Tomato Orzo with Zucchini Ribbons
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium zucchini peeled into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 lb cooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, place tomatoes in pan and toss several minutes until tomatoes are charred on the outside. Reduce heat to medium and add olive oil and garlic. Saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add zucchini ribbons to pan and stir 1 minute until zucchini is just softened. Add orzo, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste, and basil to pan stirring until combined. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese and serve orzo warm. Enjoy!
There’s more summer bounty where that came from! Try this fettuccine alfredo next. ??