The healthiest form of pizza you’ll ever have! These grilled zucchini boats only need 6 ingredients and 20 minutes of your time to throw together and they’ll definitely satisfy that pizza craving!
As promised yesterday…pizza to round out our fabulous farmer’s market dinner series week. My gosh, it is most definitely a FRI-YAY like no other, friends!
Mostly beacauuuuuuse…Pizza.freaking.zucchini.boats. Say it slow with me and let that wonderful pizza feeling wash over you.
Can’t stop the feeeeeeeeeeeling!! <— My current summer jam. Sorry.
Okay, friends. Today’s post is (*so sadly*) gonna be short and sweet. (a) Because I’ve got a video at the end of this post to show y’all exactly how to make the pizza magic happen and (b) Because my big sister and her crew of kiddos are crashing my house today for the weekend and I’m 98% certain that puts me on call for grilling and margarita duty.
I take both roles rather seriously. I have a rep to uphold.
But super-quick before I take off…These zucchini boats, guys!! They are every.freaking.thing to me right now.
It goes like this. —> Zucchini boat meets grill —> Grilled zucchini boat meets marinara sauce + oodles of cheese + tons of pepperoni. —> The whole shebang meets the broiler for a few minutes. —> Fresh basil thrown on top. —> And then an about FACE into your boat, everyone!
Seriously. Who needs crust anymore when you’ve got the GREEN to hold it all?
P.S. My life is probably complete now.
P.P.S. Not yet convinced to come live in zucchini boat land with me? Take a minute and watch aaaaaaall the magic unfold in a super-quick little video below.
You’re gonna go nuts over these, y’all. This is for real the only, only, ONLY way to eat zucchini on a Friday.
Grilled Pizza-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
This recipe may included paid links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce warmed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cut zucchini in half and use a spoon to scrape out the flesh inside to create a boat. Pat the insides dry and rub boats with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill zucchini over medium-high heat, turning once until zucchini is softened and slightly charred, about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from grill and fill boats with marinara sauce. Top with cheese and pepperoni. Place zucchini under a broiler and broil on high 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle boats with minced basil and serve immediately while warm. Enjoy!
??? Maybe all the days for the rest of our pizza lives. ???