Make good use of those farmer’s market green beans with this incredible green bean salad that’s packed with cherry tomatoes, crumbly feta, and an insanely-flavorful avocado green goddess dressing.
I’m currently living in the Land of Green Beans, guys. A land where we eat green beans for breakfast, lunch, and dinner because of the current massive quantities.
No lies, my garden is churning out those beans like they’re going out of style and I can barely keep up. But heck, if I’m gonna go down with the green beans I’m gonna go out fighting.
Or maybe I’ll just eat this green bean salad and call it a day.
That might actually be a more rational and doable plan, rather than drowning in green beans.
But seriously: come pick ‘yer own and pick ’em NOW. Just don’t take my adorable little baby eggplants that are still growing right next door. Also, you might want to soak yourself in bug spray for a little bit before venturing into the green bean jungle. ???
Shall we talk about green bean salad now and not about bug spray spas? Good idea.
So this salad is inspired from my recent new-found love of ALL things green goddess. Seriously, that is ALL I’m topping my greens with these days. Green on green on GREEN. <— how I roll.
It’s sorta the same deal today, you see. Blanched green beans + herby green goddess with avocado. I KNOW. Like a triple-whammy of green and it’s amazing, I promise.
Just for sake of color though…cherry tomatoes join our party along with their good friend Mr. Feta. Okay, my friend if we’re being honest. One of my cheese besties.
Getting back to that dressing for a quick moment though…oh my stars and HEAVENS. ♥♥
Enough said? I think so too.
The green gods are most definitely shining down on us today. I’m obsessed, you’re obsessed, we’re all obsessed, cool let’s eat. ♥
Green Bean Salad with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 lb fresh green beans ends snipped and cut in half
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium avocado pitted and diced
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Blanche green beans in lightly salted boiling water 2-3 minutes until beans are fork-tender. Immediately plunge beans in ice water to cool them. Drain beans and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Place basil, lime juice, avocado, agave, and garlic in a food processor. While processing, drizzle olive oil through top until dressing is smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Season dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over cooled green beans and stir in feta and cherry tomatoes. Toss green beans until evenly coated with dressing. Chill salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Ok, this has got to be the most gorgeous green bean salad ever, Sarah! I aboslutely love this! I’ve made a roasted green bean salad before, but never one quite like this. I LOVE the green goddess dressing. So creative!
Jen | Baked by an Introvert says
I’ve never had a green bean salad before! I love the idea and avocado dressing sounds so yummy! I seriously want to eat this for breakfast now!!
such a bright and gorgeous looking salad Sarah! the dressing sounds amazing!