Juicy grilled chicken breasts get rubbed with a zippy cumin spice mix and topped with tons of fresh garden tomato salsa!—An easy summer dinner in less than 20 minutes.
There just ain’t no thing like those easy grilled summer dinners, guys.
These dog days of August when it’s likely still nasty hot outside and summer schedules are still in full swing specifically call for THOSE kind of dinners.
Also, I’m pretty sure I mentioned somewhere around the beginning of this summer that I was having a moment with my grill. Well, that moment is actually extending to all.freaking.summer. I’m not mad about that. ???
So here’s what we’re doing about this whole chicken sitch up in your face today. —>
Slightly-spicy, yet insanely flavorful cumin spice rub on your chicken.
Unbelievably-quick cook time on the grill until juicy and perfect.
Basic garden-tomato summer salsa thrown together with only FIVE ingredients. Dip, eat, repeat.
Pile ‘er in a nice high heap on top of your gorgeous chicken, take a big step back, and admire the dinner wonder you just pulled together in only 20 freaking minutes.
^^^^ virtual high fives all around. We deserve ’em.
Also we deserve to stuff our faces with this grilled chicken until around December. Yes?
So much yes. So much summer goodness, so little time, but watch and see if that slows me down. ???
Cumin-Rubbed Grilled Chicken with Tomato Salsa
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 medium tomatoes finely diced
- 1 small jalapeno minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, and sugar. Rub spice mixture all over both sides of chicken. Set aside for a moment.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Once grill is heated, grill chicken, turning once until meat registers 165F, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve chicken warm with chilled salsa on top. Enjoy!
Easy grilled summer dinners wait for NO ONE! Try this one next!
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
This chicken looks so pretty, Sarah! I love the colors and zesty flavors. We grill chicken all the time, so I’ve got to try this recipe. That tomato salsa is calling my name!
Ashley - The Recipe Rebel says
I feel like it has been just TOO long since I have grilled something! I’ve been so busy working on fall recipes and I feel like my summer is almost over 🙁 Clearly I can’t let that happen so soon!
Rachel @ Bakerita says
Okay I’m ready for lunch, as long as it looks a WHOLE lot like that grilled chicken right up there ^^^ the tomato salsa on top is so beautiful too! I want to dig right into this ASAP.
So we’ve been grilling tons of chicken each week for salads and stuff! I’m totally going to give this a try next time we grill some chicken. The flavors sound soooo soooo good!
I’m loving this sweet ‘n spicy chicken, Sarah, and garden will soon be bursting at the seams with tomatoes, so this salsa is perfect to use them up! Gorgeous summer dish!
You make the best dinners, Sarah! This chicken looks SO incredible! We are pretty much grilling every night so this is totally happening soon! Love those spices and tomato salsa!
Mary Pisarkiewicz says
The presentation is amazing, Sounds just as amazing as it looks. Always looking for easy summer meals!